McMurray Hatchery GLW

McMurray Hatchery states that their GLW rarely goes broody ... My experience with Wyandottes, they are very broody. I'm interested but not so much their broodiness. My girls are "Pets with Benefits" and due to size of my enclosure (96sq ft) limit myself to 4.
Each bird is an individual. Heck, I had a sexlink hatch out ducklings a decade ago.

Hatchery birds *tend* to go broody less because they're selected for higher egg laying, which obviously means they can't set as often

I have a GLW who has never gone broody (she’s s 3) & I had a BLRW that went broody a month or 2 after starting to lay. (She died quickly from a reproductive issue) Both hatchery birds.

Ive never had any hatchery bird go broody
I think it partly depends on the breed.

I've had plenty of hatchery birds go broody: Yokohama, Sumatra, Chantecler, Dark Cornish, White Laced Red Cornish, maybe a few I've forgotten, and many kinds of bantams. But all of those are rare or fancy breeds, not selected for really good egg production.

I think it partly depends on the breed.

I've had plenty of hatchery birds go broody: Yokohama, Sumatra, Chantecler, Dark Cornish, White Laced Red Cornish, maybe a few I've forgotten, and many kinds of bantams. But all of those are rare or fancy breeds, not selected for really good egg production.
Most bantams go broodys ive had silkies go broody in the past the ones i have now still havent lol

Back
Top Bottom