McMurray or Ideal

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Gomes Bantams, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Gomes Bantams

Gomes Bantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Ive ordered from MM but not Ideal. I(a 8th grader) am tutoring a bunch of 4th Graders on Wednesday and were ordering chicks so the school can put them in a egg program. What should i choose????????????[​IMG]

2. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    I recommend Ideal Poultry as they have affordable prices at a $25 minimum and they have no 25 chick minimum like most other hatcheries require a 25 chick minimum. I've ordered 20 D'Uccle chicks from Ideal Poultry last week and they should be coming in this week hopefully.

3. Vamvakas

Vamvakas Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 30, 2011
    North Branford, CT
    Lol, if you order $25 worth of chicks from Ideal they hit you with a $7 small box charge and high shipping... Ideal is just the same as other hatcherys and it's only worth getting 25+ chicks to avoid all those fees. Not worth buying $25 worth of chicks then paying all those high shipping fees while you could of have 25+ chicks for the same price.. I say go with McMurray.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  4. wsonphan80

wsonphan80 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 21, 2011
    Pioneer, CA
    You might want to look into Welp Hatchery. I ordered from them 3 times last season and every time my chicks arrived healthy and they always sent extras. There is a 25 chick minimum but shipping is included in the price. Comes out to about $2.50 for females and $1.75 for males. If you invest in an incubator I could send you some hatching eggs for free (I'm about an hour from Sacramento). Good luck!

5. SilkieBantams

SilkieBantams Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2011
    Houston, TX
    They didn't charge shipping when I ordered 20 d'uccle chicks from Ideal Poultry as they are in the state of texas. McMurray has a much higher shipping cost and I wouldn't want 25+ chicks for an outrageous price of $112. Ideal Poultry is a better choice.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by