McMurray problems this year?

I received 86 chicks mid-february this year. I had 3 die the first week, but the rest (now 5 1/2 weeks old) are doing great. I've been very happy with McMurray and their customer support.

Ordered 30 and got 32 on 3/9. One Silver Sebright was almost dead when it arrived, lost another one the next day (they are fragile little things - supposed to be harder to raise than others) and had to cull a Black Australorp that was deformed or injured.

Other than that, all are well, happy and healthy.

I ordered 25 red star pullets from McMurray this year. Then there was 1 mystery chick. I received 22 red stars & 1 mystery chick. 1 red star was nearly DOA & did not last long. The rest are thriving. The packing slip listed 25 red star pullets and 1 extra red star pullet and 1 mystery chick. Total 27 chicks. I have 22. I got them Feb 16. I emailed McM. It said I would get a reply in 7 days. Still waiting. Also I believe at least one of my shes is a he. I thought they couldn't make that mistake with sex links.

This was my first hatchery order ever. I got the Mereks & cocodosis.

I ordered 25 chicks plus the free rare chick. They arrived at the post office before dawn the Monday morning they were supposed to come and I got home with a box of 27 living, peeping chicks!, none dead They gave me an extra Cuckoo Marans, an extra Buff Orpington, shorted me one EE, and then there's the Mystery Chick (which could be the missing EE... it's up for debate still). I split the order with a local lady - she took 10, I kept 17. I lost one Marans the first night and one BO the next day. And that's it. The other lady lost none and now they're almost 7 weeks old. They are healthy, happy, and growing like weeds. I did get them the Marek's and Cocci vaccines. I have been very happy with my experience, have zero complaints, and would do it again and recommend it to anyone. That said, I do know that some people have been having problems. I feel very lucky that it's all gone so well for me.

I always used to order from McMurray and never had a problem other than one or 2 that appeared to be crushed and were DOA in the box. I was always very happy with their chicks. Last year when I decided to get back into chicken farming, I went to the local feed store because I didn't want 25 chicks. This year I considered ordering from them, but none of the breeds I was interested in were available until May and my son needs them sooner to be able to show. I'm sorry your chicks aren't doing well and glad I didn't order from them now.

I received my order from MM on Monday, just as expected. 17 different breeds in all. Lost 1 the first night. All the rest are doing fine. Now I just have to wait for them to grow up to know which breed each is. Did get 2 extras, so hope they don't through me for a loop in identifcation.

Back
Top Bottom