Me Against Eggland's Best UPDATE #51

The comparison to egglands best and a ordinary egg is not to a farm raised egg. Ordinary here means other store bought. If you did those stats against the free range farm egg egglands best would loose. Somewhere on here there are the states for free range eggs. I do not have the time to look for them now maybe some has them saved can post them for you.

Eggland's Best is comparing their eggs to "generic store eggs", the $1.50 walmart eggs for example.

Those numbers? The ones you pulled from their website - information that was supplied by Eggland's Best. A study that was paid for by Eggland's Best. There is nothing independent about those numbers. You cannot compare or take at any face value obviously biased numbers like that.

They are not comparing their eggs to your backyard flock. However, MotherEarthNews did a study on legitimate backyard flock eggs - http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/2007-10-01/Tests-Reveal-Healthier-Eggs.aspx You would be better off asking Eggland's Best to compare their (biased) numbers against real, independent numbers.
These amazing results come from 14 flocks around the country that range freely on pasture or are housed in moveable pens that are rotated frequently to maximize access to fresh pasture and protect the birds from predators. We had six eggs from each of the 14 pastured flocks tested by an accredited laboratory in Portland, Ore.

Quote:
Note that mine are orange yolks; theirs are yellow.

oh yes i know , its hard to tell in your pics but yes i know . WAYYYY Different color. WHY ?

I could pick it out hands down in his picture.

BTW, their free range chickens are probably on an acre or so of dirt, thus the plain yellow yolks.
wink.png

Quote:
Funny you should mention this. I've stopped offering the information that I feed meat to the chickens (they love preservative-free buffalo dogs). A couple of customers actually bailed on me. I guess they were disgusted by the idea of eating another meat eater. I wonder if they eat salmon.

Ok, here is a picture of mine vs theirs (note the egg stamp and carton) AND you can see on the carton VEGETARIAN...lol.

524_sdc11720.jpg

Oops, that one doesn't have the carton...let me get that one...

524_sdc11718.jpg

Last edited:
Oh yes! There is a definite difference. The biggest thing is that they are a mass egg producer and we are all small scale. Our chickens get more "good stuff" so to speak than there's do and like I mentioned before, who knows what conditions their so called free ranging chickens are in. It could be they are on plain dirt, which would explain the pale yolks versus the backyard flocks more deeper yellow yolks.

You can increase your Omega -3s by giving your chickens flax seeds. I think that EB are superior to the generic eggs sold in walmart and most grocery stores. I like the "vegetarian fed' because it means that they are not feeding ground up boy chicks and old layers to the laying population... because that grosses me out, and some places DO that. Nothing can compare to free ranging, happy, organically fed backyard layers, because we are the BEST!

Back
Top Bottom