Me and my chicken on a walk =)

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by StarLover21, Jan 16, 2013.

1. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    This is my awesome hen, Luna, on a walk around our town! Chicken's recently got legalized in my city, so we went to celebrate!

She's a really sweet hen (and very slow), so we hooked her up with a handmade harness. She's seven years old! I've had her for five years =)

Me and her near our park :)

[​IMG]

Why did the chicken cross the road? I don't know but she sure did love to. You can't tell she's on a leash in this pic, but she definitally is! And this is in a VERY low traffic area.

[​IMG]

We certaintly got a few strange looks!

2. Chickenfan4life

Chickenfan4life Overrun With Chickens

Aug 28, 2012
    Planet No
    Lol, I bet you did get strange looks! Me, teaching my silkie hen, Isabelle, to sit on my shoulder, got me tons of looks. XD

3. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    Aww, that sounds adorable! Pics?

4. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Good for you!

5. ShellLea

ShellLea Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 25, 2012
    Canton, Ohio
    Awesome way to celebrate! Congratulations on the legalization!

6. Chic_girl

Chic_girl Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 23, 2011
    Near Columbus OH
    Thats soo cute- Your hen looks like she's having a blast! Now, take her to your local pet store, and wait for some really strange looks! [​IMG] (Watch out for big pet store dogs, though!)

I finally got chicken diapers so I could bring my favorites inside- sadly, my Polish hen, Shanaynay, freaks out and scrambles out of the scary bit of fabric.... So much for that idea...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by