Me?! You want ME to hatch IGUANAS for you?!

Lacrymosa

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 4, 2010
Fort Worth
Okay, so my poultry egg incubating business has been booming lately with me having the flyers up in the feed stores, but this one takes the cake for sure. Not the "parrot lady", or the "ostrich man", but the iguana kid we had call the other day. He wanted to know if we could take in a couple dozen iguana eggs to incubate. The first thing that ran across my mind when he spoke the sentence was, "What if they escape and EAT the baby chicks?!"
ep.gif

I don't think they'd do that now though, but you can't control those split-second thoughts now, can you?

I dunno guys, should I go for it?
pop.gif

do they need incubating? I thought it was a hole in the ground type of deal.
Aquarium with lid and some moist paper towels.
But I do not know. I suggest a google.

LOL! Are you sure the kid wasn't pulling your leg because of your flier? Where would anyone get a dozen iguana eggs and even if they did, would they be fertile?
I've owned two iguanas in my life. Both were boys, so I dunno about hatching those eggs.

Couldn't hurt to try. I've got Bearded Dragons, and have bred them...but I had the mama to take care of the incubation....hatched 2/2 eggs. Can't remember the amount of time it took...but they were too cute.

I say research it and go for it!!
woot.gif

That would be neat, I'd definitely give it a try. I've seen people get a tupperware container filled with clean dirt to set the eggs in but only bury them halfway then incubate with the lid on. I'm not sure the temp though but I'm sure google could find the answer. Oh you probably know this but they shouldn't eat the baby chicks, they're vegetarians, good luck & I agree, pictures! (=

A quick Google finds lots of info on incubating iguana eggs. Looks pretty straightforward. Also does not appear to need an incubator in the sense of that word when we talk about poultry.

In Florida iguanas are a nuisiance animal and I would not hatch them. In Texas maybe not.

Back
Top Bottom