mealworms yes or no

Quote:
Keep them in the fridge if you want to save them for later. In the fridge they won't eat, won't grow, won't pupate, and are "asleep". If you have any questions on breeding them shoot me a pm. I've been breeding them for a year now for feeding them to wild birds, and now my duck and young chickens. I have around 5,000+ mealworms and 2,000+ beetles.
tongue.png

Over....2000.......BEETLES???????
ep.gif

omg I'm getting the major creepy crawlies just thinking about it....

Quote:
Keep them in the fridge if you want to save them for later. In the fridge they won't eat, won't grow, won't pupate, and are "asleep". If you have any questions on breeding them shoot me a pm. I've been breeding them for a year now for feeding them to wild birds, and now my duck and young chickens. I have around 5,000+ mealworms and 2,000+ beetles.
tongue.png

Over....2000.......BEETLES???????
ep.gif

omg I'm getting the major creepy crawlies just thinking about it....

I like to stick my hand in the container and let hundreds of beetles crawl on me cause it tickles. You get used to it. xD

What do you do with the beetles then? I've heard that the black/brown beetles taste like yuck, so nothing eats them. Is it true? If not, can you feed the dead ones? I have plenty of them that haven't been cleaned out yet, lol.

Quote:
Yeah, my pullets hate them and my duck doesn't care much for them. As you may know the beetles are the adult form of the mealworms and are the only ones that can breed. I use all of mine for well, making more worms! They breed until they die and once they do I sift through the bedding using a strainer and simply throw the beetles in a ziploc bag, and throw away. Nothing really eats them, but I have caught some pretty big bream/brim/bluegills using the beetles as bait at the local lake. Live ones are better. The dead ones are pretty much empty shells but it fools the fish sometimes.
tongue.png

Quote:
Yeah, my pullets hate them and my duck doesn't care much for them. As you may know the beetles are the adult form of the mealworms and are the only ones that can breed. I use all of mine for well, making more worms! They breed until they die and once they do I sift through the bedding using a strainer and simply throw the beetles in a ziploc bag, and throw away. Nothing really eats them, but I have caught some pretty big bream/brim/bluegills using the beetles as bait at the local lake. Live ones are better. The dead ones are pretty much empty shells but it fools the fish sometimes.
tongue.png

Lol, yeah I knew that they were the breeders, I just didn't know what to do with their dead bodies, lol. I was hoping that there was a use for them. How do you hook them for bait? Lol.

Back
Top Bottom