"Mean Girls" of the chicken yard

My new Welsummers are the mean girls of my chicken run. I swear, I had to build a new roost just so they wouldn't kick the two smaller chickens off one at a time. They're the newcomers too! And just beyotches. They gang up on the others... I actually was happy when I saw a couple of our old hens (Buffy and her sidekick Willow) corner one of them alone and take her down a few pegs... After that, they were much better behaved!

My Barred Rocks are the mean ones. They are older and bossy.
I have six hens, two Barred Rocks, two EEls and two Red Sex links.
One thing I do notice though... it is true...

Birds of a feather flock together. Each pair, seem to prefer to be together.

I have barred rocks, black austrlorps, leghorns dominikers, silkie and a couple of mutts. My bully silkie don't even think about getting her off eggs. She would chase our GP around even the ducks don't mess with Mary.

lau.gif
Thanks for the laugh. You have your handsfull. LOL. Enjoy

I have two BOs that are the same way.. They walk the roost pecking the other girls, they run from feeder/cage/spot pecking who ever they please--running the other girls away! Sometimes, I "peck" them w/ my fingers because they are being mean.. and they go screaming away.. I just think they need to know who is the real boss...

LOL pacific what a funny story! My SLW is a real pain in the bummage. She is the same age as all the others but she has a nasty personality. She can really give the evil eye and does not want to be held. I know one thing she will not get a bunkie like herself!! She will get to be the only!

I have one slw and she does fine with the other hens.used to have three and they were mean as heck to the girls.

I have 2 SLWs, Wynona and Dottie, "Wy and Dot" for short
wink.png
, and they are MEAN!!!

They will stand just behind the chicken door, out of sight, and peck anyone that comes through. My husband doesn't want to go through the mess of killing a chicken again. I don't eat chicken anymore at all. I would allow these two to be killed, no problem!

Does everyone imagine what their chickens voices would sound like? I have assigned different voices to many of them. Does that make me crazy, hearing chicken voices in my head?
hu.gif

Back
Top Bottom