***MEAN, I MEAN REAL MEAN ROOSTER PROBLEM**

To Clarify my statement on OEGB i was refering to it's in their nature to be fiesty. I would in no way put up with and abusive roo and would cull him. I have maybe 1 out of 10 that do this and it can be corrected with the correct discipline. I have raised these chickens for 7 years and love them and would never do what your HUGE pic suggest. Why be insulting you don't have to be ? We all here love our chickens and deal with them the way it is Best for us and how we feel. It's perfectly okay to give and opinon but it's not okay to be knowingly insulting.
Quote:
Here I go with another insulting post. As a breeder of Standard OEGs, some of whose lines go back to antiquity, let me emphasize that this behavior should not be tolerated in any Rooster, and he should culled from the gene pool with Extreme Prejudice. A mean rooster in Standard OEGs is truly an exception for this very reason.

I had a rooster that attacked me all the time, broke his beak on my leg and drew blood on both of us several times. But, he hasn't given me a single problem since I shot him. Problem solved.

i have a black grey game ,, the dude that had him before me had a CHUNK taken out of him by the bird,,, he's bit me once,, i mess with him almost every day just to "P" him off,, and i havent had 1 problem since the "first" bite.
i have a leghorn roo that will attack any stranger,, but doesnt even think bout touching "the family" welll, cept the wifers,, but she just asks fer it hehe
wink.png

Roo's can be trained,, pretty easily.

Use a garbage can lid like a shield. Hold the handle and let them whack on that can lid. Saw a fellow doing that when he collected eggs and it worked. For me personally, I just don't keep anything that will attack me when I'm the one feeding them. STEWPOT!

As for my roo, all it took was him coming after me in the dark when I had a flashlight, and I put right in his and ran at him screaming NO! He doesn't even come near me now.
lol.png
However..... I have a hen named Hannibal, no explanation necessary with that name, and I am always whacking her upside her head for coming after me, flying up in my face and trying to bite. She got cuffed pretty good this weekend, and so far, has stayed away.

This is a really sad thread! You are all human beings and much larger than a bird with a much larger brain...just pick him up and hold him like a football tucked under your arm when ever he acts up and smooth his raised feathers down while talking, singing or whistling...SHEESH! ALMIGHTY! We are no longer in the CAVE MAN days...

Back
Top Bottom