Mean Raccoons

Which Keeps Raccoons away?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

queen.chicken

In the Brooder
Jul 29, 2018
Lancaster Mass
Raccoons come all the time and haunt my chickens. The Thursday, 7.26.18, a raccoon came at 2.30 in the morning. The chickens started screaming. We can't afford to keep loosing chickens.. Any advice on how to keep raccoons away? We are thinking of trying mixing dish soap, water, and castor oil. And if that doesn't work, we would do cayenne pepper..

We have these round coops and we keep some roosters and hens in them. 2 hens and 1 rooster in all 4.. The only things that can get through the wholes are small tiny baby chickens. Nothing else. A raccoons hand could probably fit. We got 2 new coops that are secured.. Just how do i make them go away....

Try adding several Nite Guard Solar Predator Control lights. Amazon and Northern Tool have them. My coops are secure at night, but I still have several facing different directions. Coyotes are just outside my pastures, but the lights and my donkeys keep them away. I let my dogs "mark" all around, too. Check your local guidelines, but you can add live-trapping and relocating to your repertoire of deterrents. Good luck!

Try adding several Nite Guard Solar Predator Control lights. Amazon and Northern Tool have them. My coops are secure at night, but I still have several facing different directions. Coyotes are just outside my pastures, but the lights and my donkeys keep them away. I let my dogs "mark" all around, too. Check your local guidelines, but you can add live-trapping and relocating to your repertoire of deterrents. Good luck!
Thank You! I live in a swamp so there are many predators around.

Back
Top Bottom