Meat bird feed for layers?

Sammy Sam

Songster
Dec 8, 2023
About 2 months ago I ordered food from amazon, for my chicks and they sent me the wrong feed. They said I couldn’t return, but gave me a refund. I’ve had these bags of food just sitting here, because it wasn’t the right food for my chicks. Question, is it safe to mix in once my chicks are 16 weeks old or is it best to give away to someone that has meat birds? My birds are not meat birds.

Attachments

• IMG_1370.jpeg
    IMG_1370.jpeg
    443.7 KB · Views: 27
You can mix it 50/50 with any 16 -17% all flock type feed and land at 20 -20.5% protein which is fine now.
Thank you. I’ll need to wait until their medicated starter feed is finished, that should be gone by week 16. Then I can buy the all flock feed and mix the meat birds food in, right? I have 6 bags of the meat bird feed to use up.

Question, is it safe to mix in once my chicks are 16 weeks old or is it best to give away to someone that has meat birds? My birds are not meat birds.

I would certainly mix it in with layer feed. No use to give it away when you can use it yourself. As to calcium, I always have separate calcium and grit feeders available 24/7 for my hens even though they get a well-balanced layer feed. They don't eat much of those supplements, but they are available if they want it.

I made some small simple PVC feeders for calcium and grit. Here is a picture...

1709586434195.jpeg

I only have to refill them maybe once every 4-6 months.

Back
Top Bottom