meat duck too fat?

Quote:
I would say that is a female...look at that egg belly. My male gets a belly but it is way different compared to those egg bellys.

Thanks for the compliment Goosedragon! Stumble your going through denial, the next step is acceptance
gig.gif
LOL did you check out the link with the boy and girl quacks?

i checked the website!!! his voice is totally changing i swear! i dont know if this makes a difference.... buutt he/she is only 7months old and its been winter forever here so idk if that makes a difference with molting... he/she hasnt gone through a molt i dont think. just another thought
smile.png

You know that you could get a DNA test done and that will tell you for sure, Here we have a group called Molecular Diagnostic Services Australia, and I just send in a feather or a tiny droplet of blood and it costs about $15, I have even taken blood samples from eggshells after duckilngs have hatched! Pretty cool I thought. But i'm sure there would be some similar service there that you could use. Your really dead set on this duck being a drake aren't you! I still think its a girl, but for your sake I hope it's a drake (highly unlikely I say) But anyway let us know how you go.

Sorry, but it looks like a female to me. The females are blockier than the males. She looks to have a nice build for egg laying and no curl. At 7 mos I would expect to see a curl.

Quote:
A drakelett goes from peeping to rasping, there is no quacking phase. And take it from the folks with lots of ducks, she has a major egg belly.
Come on Stumble, you have to accept it, you have two hens!! So now get a drake if you want one, you can probably find people trying to get rid of them this time of year.
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom