Meat ducks and duck sausage

sandspoultry

Everybody loves a Turkey
11 Years
Feb 10, 2008
Eastern NC
The question has come up before about meat ducks and what can you do with them besides roast duck. We started skinning our Muscovies and cutting them up into boneless skinless breasts and saving the leg 1/4's and giblets for duck sausage. It saves alot of freezer space.

ducksausage.jpg

The recipe is posted on the recipe thread. Anybody coming over this weekend for sausage on the grill?
smile.png

Steve in NC

it has a real mild flavor, that's why there isn't alot of spices used like for other sausage. It's easy to overpower any poultry type sausage. You can taste just a hint of sage and I added some red pepper.

Steve

Great idea! I make jerky with my chickens- I take assorted parts, debone them, grind the meat, then mix some store bought jerky brine/seasoning (I use High Mountain.) I have a "jerky gun" I got from Cabela's, that looks like a caulk gun and shoots it into jerky shape onto wire racks, then bake at my oven's lowest setting for about 8 hours. It's GREAT!! Everyone loves it. I don't like dark meat, which poses a problem with the birds I raise, and this is the perfect solution.

According to "sausage history" that was the whole reason behind sausage, all the trimmings etc went to sausage.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom