Meatie sellers, do you include giblets-i.e. livers, gizzards, etc in whole birds you sell?

DanIndiana

Songster
9 Years
Aug 27, 2010
Valparaiso, Indiana
We're packaging our first batch, and were just wondering what the standard way is. I think the grocery store still sells them this way.
If so, do you wrap them in something inside the cavity, or just throw them in. This is another one of the small details I'm finding that comes with selling that I didn't account for. It feels a bit different processing for others instead of yourself.
Thanks

Last edited:
If you are going to include them, they must be wrapped.

Other than that, I don't know if people include them or not, If you have buyers already lined up, I suggest that you ask them which they would prefer..

Or simply do not include them and sell livers, hearts, and gizzards separately.

I wrap a set of "giblets" separately for each chicken and then placed all those giblet packages in a ziploc for each order. I let them know their giblets are in a separate bag. Sometimes they say no thanks and I just take them back.

I've been using the new ziploc "perfect portions" bags and they work really well for that.

We sell necks and organs separately. Too many people don't want them and they go to waste so we prefer to sell them to people who really want and will use them.

Back
Top Bottom