Medicine - Terramycin

sunita

In the Brooder
Jun 17, 2017
Washington
I have a silkie that is 12 days old, I saw the eye was shut and it had some shavings in the eye, looked like a little stick, took that out and now it is still crusting over and when I checked again is was closed shut again,I am using a warm cotton ball to clean it, and more stuff is coming out, but the warm does help to open the eye, I bought some Terramycin and I was wondering if anyone has used this medicine? I was told to use Neosporin, I would not put that in my own eye, I attached a photo, Has anyone experienced this before? Any help is appreciated, TIA

Attachments

• silkie eye.jpg
    silkie eye.jpg
    198.4 KB · Views: 11
It's possible the shaving that was in it's eye irritated it. Terramycin is an antibiotic for the eye, I wouldn't use the Neosporin (without pain med). Have you tried rinsing with saline wash?[/QU
It's possible the shaving that was in it's eye irritated it. Terramycin is an antibiotic for the eye, I wouldn't use the Neosporin (without pain med). Have you tried rinsing with saline wash?

Last edited:
I have not tried the saline,Is that the same thing I would use for my eyes? I have been using a cotton ball with warm water, that does help

Yup, you can also make some, warm water mixed with some rock salt (I taste for some salty not over salty). You could continue with the warm water clean, then put some Terramycin along the eye lid.

Any sneezing? Discharge from the nose?

Back
Top Bottom