Meet Brenda (or Bernie)

I picked Lucy up today and there seems to be happiness in the brooder. I had a chick hatch while I was gone. I had just about given up on this egg. The chick seems healthy but it keeps flipping on his back and can't seem to right itself. He could do it at first but now just lays on his back. His feet are curled up but other than that he looks fine. Should I worry. ?

I picked Lucy up today and there seems to be happiness in the brooder. I had a chick hatch while I was gone. I had just about given up on this egg. The chick seems healthy but it keeps flipping on his back and can't seem to right itself. He could do it at first but now just lays on his back. His feet are curled up but other than that he looks fine. Should I worry. ?
Sometimes this happens after a difficult hatch, my duckling was like this, but was fine after a little help. Its important to right the chick, either stay close for a couple hours, and keep putting him the right way up, or design something, like a little blanket, to make a nest to try and keep him from flipping over. Perhaps even put him in a cup, in a nest of paper towels, in the incubator, for a while until he gets his balance. His feet should uncurl soon. Is the yolk all aborbed, nothing abnormal about him? If all else looks good, just give him a bit of help until he finds his feet.

Sometimes this happens after a difficult hatch, my duckling was like this, but was fine after a little help. Its important to right the chick, either stay close for a couple hours, and keep putting him the right way up, or design something, like a little blanket, to make a nest to try and keep him from flipping over. Perhaps even put him in a cup, in a nest of paper towels, in the incubator, for a while until he gets his balance. His feet should uncurl soon. Is the yolk all aborbed, nothing abnormal about him? If all else looks good, just give him a bit of help until he finds his feet.
Other than flipping over and his feet he seems fine. I will put him on a small blanket to help with his balance. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom