That little white bottom in one of the first pictures is adorable!!!
I love it! It has now spread. It's entire lower half, neck and 2 patches next to it's eyes are white🤍. The funny part for me is I can't figure out it's final color (😂 as if I'm talking about a Pokemón or something). The upper half is black or very dark brown and then it's wings have light brown patches. For giggles, here's more pictures. IMG_20201114_121506.jpg Screenshot_20201202-065558.jpg Screenshot_20201202-065636.jpg Screenshot_20201202-065908.jpg

Hi and welcome to BYC! :frow We're so glad you joined us, please make yourself at home here! :)
Thank youu so much 🤗.

Last edited:
Are you keeping him inside or outside? You can put him out when fully feathered. I put mine out at 4 to 5 weeks but I live in Florida heat.
I keep it literally in my room running around (and now flapping and flying to my bed)😂 . I turned my cat's kennel into Chimby's home. I had no clue how to keep it warm so I put aluminum foil, microfiber towels and paper towels in the Kennel (oh and one of my scarfs which is now Chimby's forever) and put the lamp facing the inside of the Kennel for warmth. I clean it every day, twice a day. Currently, with it's new found talent 😂 (flying to my bed), it sometimes takes naps alongside me (I added pictures for reference).
In Puerto Rico the weather is mostly warm but during Christmas season it rains a lot. I have taken it out to the back yard 3 times. Last Sunday was the most recent but I'm not sure what it ate or pecked because on Monday it got very sick. So for now it's indoors again.

IMG-20201201-WA0103.jpeg IMG-20201125-WA0010.jpeg IMG-20201130-WA0105.jpeg

Last edited:
Wow what a cute little chick!

I am so glad you found Chimby, it is so lovely to see how much you love it, and you are actually trying to get Chimby friends! that's amazing to see. :ya
And..... welcome!:wee
AWW thank you 🥰🤗
Growing up I haven't had normal pets you can hug or cuddle (I had mostly fish 😂, one or two rescued birds, and two russian hamsters), so now I finally have a cat (but it only loves me when it's hungry 🤣) and now Chimby (which has become my bestie/ baby/ companion). I love it so much! It's one of the few pets that literally looks for me everywhere at all times of the day, and gets so very happy when I come back from work or college :3

It's surreal for me 🥰

AWW thank you 🥰🤗
Growing up I haven't had normal pets you can hug or cuddle (I had mostly fish 😂, one or two rescued birds, and two russian hamsters), so now I finally have a cat (but it only loves me when it's hungry 🤣) and now Chimby (which has become my bestie/ baby/ companion). I love it so much! It's one of the few pets that literally looks for me everywhere at all times of the day, and gets so very happy when I come back from work or college :3

It's surreal for me 🥰

Well, chickens are THE BEST pets. Eggs, love, fascinating behaviour and HUNDREDS of breeds all in one animal! Have fun on your latest poultry journey. :clap

(3) What breeds do you have?

I have no idea. My first chicken had no feathers what so ever on her neck and was a beautiful golden brown color. My current chick is fluffy everywhere, and has now started to loose it's baby feathers.
You used to have a naked neck chicken aka the churkey or the turken. :love

I did some research and my best guess is that it is a black copper maran. Black chicks without a whitehead and has a white chest and wingtips and a pinkish beak. Also turns brownish when they reach adulthood. There is a bit of a difference though, the black copper maran chicks have white around their face and also have more white on their chest.

Back
Top Bottom