Meet Cricket..*sigh*

Quote:
Its okay.. stalkers arent supposed to have ideas... just hang out in the bushes.. and.. whatever else they do...

That's the part I'm having trouble with. I can't find no bushes around here. And I asked at the library but they don't have a stalker manual. (I did get a very weird look when I asked though
wink.png
). How the blazes am I gonna be a good stalker if nobody tells me these things!

She didn't tell me it was going to be this hard and that there wasn't a manual and that wasn't supposed to have ideas and that I was going to have to watch her silly dog sniffin' butts and that i had to find bushes and that there was no cupcakes involved and that everybody was going to think I was creepy just because I wanna be a stalker... who talked me into this dumb job anyway? grumble, grumble... but oh well, it's Redhen... and I guess I'd do about anything for Redhen..

lau.gif

Okay..okay! I dont want any complaints from the union...geez!
I'll start to leave cupcakes in the bushes for you on Mon., Wed., and Fridays...

Quote:
Thank you.
hugs.gif

Yeah.. when Digit wacked her she stopped right away...think it shocked her.
lol.png

Hes wasnt dealing with her... he just looked disgusted at the whole deal...
gig.gif

Actually, i over heard a couple of my cats talking.. (
lol.png
)
They were saying they had HAD IT! And they were getting out of the screen as soon as i opened up the windows this spring...One said he was going to try the dash for the door trick...
gig.gif

HA! My cats as a rule stay disgusted with the dogs.
tongue.png
When the 60 lb dog was a puppy the eldest cat used to capture her in rooms and not let her out. The cat would sit in the door and ignore the puppy. The minute the poor pup tried to sneak past the kitty would smack her on the head. The poor puppy got where she wouldn't walk through doorways. The older dog used to go walk the puppy out of rooms so the cat would leave her alone.
gig.gif

You bitty dog will figure it out when the cats beat the crap out of her a couple of times. The big dogs might teach her manners as well. ou just never know.

LOL! That cat sounds great!
clap.gif

Quote:
http://www.bravorawdiet.com/bravoretailers.html is the search, and Bravo is hardly the only company out there. I think it tends to be the most reasonably priced for the frozen patties but we've also used Oma's Pride and several others. And there's a guy who delivers green tripe and some other stuff from NY once a month or so to Holyoke, and I can try to find you the price list if you'd like.

Thank you very much. I'll check out that link..
I'm not too far from Holyoke at all... maybe 40 minutes..

Also wanted to give an update to some folks.. So you dont think i'm some dog hoarder..
tongue2.gif

Remember, Amos, the pup i was posting about last month?

bd32.jpg

Well.. we had had him for about 8-10 days when we brought him to my uncles house on Christmas Eve.. and my cousin was there.
Now... theres a story behind this..
My cousin, Ryan, had just got back, like 2 weeks before, from his 3rd tour overseas (Afghanistan). And the whole time he was away his new bride was bugging him that she wanted a puppy. They already have one adult dog, Killian, a yellow lab, who is the sweetest dog alive.
love.gif

Ryan kept telling her no.. wait till he came home..,etc..... so she waited.
So... anyways... i went over there x-mas eve with my new pup all cute with a red bow and bell on his neck... (i didnt know about the wanting a pup thing then, or i would have hid him
lol.png
...)
Forget it... it was over from there... lol
They fell in love with him... and fawned over him all night. And he also became instant buddies with Killian..they played together all night.
Soo... being that i love my cousin and hes a war hero that i'm so proud of... i just told him Merry Christmas (because i KNEW he wanted that pup)... and that i'd pay for his next shots and also pay to get him fixed when hes old enough...
So... Amos is now Morgan...and a VERY loved little doggie.
smile.png

Last edited:
Quote:
The blunt answer to this is NO. I have never, ever, ever, ever seen a dog that was previously trained and used to being crated EVER have a "fear" or "dislike" of their crate when the crate was used as a time out for the dog. In fact, the idea that a dog sees "go to your crate" as a bad thing, unless you are really angry or threatening, is silly. The crate is what it is, if she can go in her crate without a negative association now -- use it as a time out for her!
smile.png

Quote:
The blunt answer to this is NO. I have never, ever, ever, ever seen a dog that was previously trained and used to being crated EVER have a "fear" or "dislike" of their crate when the crate was used as a time out for the dog. In fact, the idea that a dog sees "go to your crate" as a bad thing, unless you are really angry or threatening, is silly. The crate is what it is, if she can go in her crate without a negative association now -- use it as a time out for her!
smile.png

Yay!! Jamie posted on my thread!
yippiechickie.gif

OKay.. got it!! I'll be using that crate... Thanks!
hugs.gif

I think you have a little bit of a misconception about the crate.

You decide when the dog goes in the crate, not the dog. If you want her in there, you put her in there. Whether you're going out, or she needs a quiet time to calm down.

You're the pack leader. If you want the dog in the crate, that's where he needs to be.

To train the dog to 'crate', you put the dog on a leash and collar, take it to the crate, say 'crate!' put a biscuit in the crate, and using the leash and collar to help you if need be, put him in the crate, shut the door, say 'good dog' and the dog eats the biscuit. And you leave him in there. That's it. If he scratches or whines, he stays in the crate for - however much time you're starting with, say a couple minutes (or an hour or whatever), and then he comes out.

The crate is where dogs calm down and it is like a den for them. When you think she needs it she goes in there, if you have to take her by the collar and put her in there, or if when you say 'crate' she goes into it herself, that doesn't matter.

Take the little doggie clothes off her, put a chain training collar on the neck, and when she does the biting the legs, jerk the chain and yell NOOOOOO! She can also be held down on the floor at the shoulders/neck. Just be fast and stop her every time.

It just sounds like she's feeling better and needs some activity and wasn't getting it there.

But she's going to need a substitute. If she's healthy, a brief play period with a stuffed toy AM and PM, working up to more activity, say, hopefully in a few months, an hour or so walk a day - half in the morning and half at night.

I don't know if the low blood sugar is related to the pneumonia or is going to persist even after the pneumonia is gone.

Depending on how serious that issue was, I'd adjust my feeding plan. If it's severe, I'd just try to get her to eat.

If not, and she's a little resilient and the vet thinks she won't be harmed by going without feed for a day, I'd put a little chicken broth on the Eukanuba (I'd not feel Little Ceasar as wet feed and little dog's teeth don't get along long term), and see if she would eat that.

How do you get a dog to chang its diet. You can do it gradually or not, but it's always the same - you give the dog the food, and you don't give him anything else. That's his food. It's very simple. When he is hungry, he will eat it.

You can't be a wuss. You give the dog the food and he eats it. It's very simple. If he doesn't eat for a while, as long as it's a healthy dog, remember naturally dogs often don't eat for a week or more. Most likelly, he won't refuse the food for long, unless you give in and give him something else.

As for the big dogs, I'd feel my way along carefully, and see what I can do, the little one can have some time in her crate when the big dogs are getting fed. Don't you have a St Bernard that was growling and going after a smaller dog over food/toy items? I can't recall. If so, be careful.

Last edited:
The puppy needs a structured play time. She's being mischevious because she needs to play. She'll be far better behaived if she can get rid of some of her energy! She may get better faster and getting the excersize, will help to stimulate her appitite, and since she is so small, you could easily get away with feeding her a raw diet. If you really need her on reg dog food, I'd wean off the meat etc and just use chicken stock and pour some on her food, and gradualy back off that as well.

Also, don't coddle her if she's sick... I know it's hard when you love the dog and they're ill. My parents were doing the same thing with their dog. To the point where they were carrying her everywhere. The dog was not getting better. They had to go on a trip and left the dog with me. She recovered so much faster being treated normally.

Back
Top Bottom