Member introduction

9E05B0A0-54BE-431F-A528-9EB4C8FBB4B3.jpeg

Welcome to BYC. Guineas are said to be great tick eaters. They also alert to anything different (like a new color water bucket). Maybe that will work for you :confused:
Well that is one reason why I wanted to guinea fowl. I have read that they will attack foxes and will alert you to danger. I live in the country and snakes and foxes are a concern.

:welcome

Hello, I've never had guineas but the Learning Center has some articles about them that might be of interest to you:
other-birds.34

Thanks for joining!
ok thank you I will try there.
Welcome to BYC! So glad you decided to join us! As long as it doesn’t get stuck on the way out I think it should be okay. Chickens eat the weirdest things. Is she acting normal?
Hi, yes Fran is being her normal self. You wouldn't have known she swallowed it. I'm not so concerned now because she is eating and drinking. I think that onces she passes it she can keep it. She can wear it in her wattle lol!

Hi everyone, I am Corgi Chicken I have 2 hens and a rooster. The rooster, Dale and one of my hens, Lilly are Rhode Isand x Leghorn. The other one, Fran is a Rhode Isand. I got them from a very good friend of mine and have had them for about 2mths now. I got Lilly and Dale when they were 3,4 mths and I am not sure how old Fran is but she is a few months older and is laying eggs. Lilly isn't laying eggs yet. I have a brother who has two Silkie Bantam hens named Melody and Bella they are mother and daughter and he has a Silkie Bantam rooster named Bruce. He has been giving me advice about my chickens and has been helpful but I decided that I would like to meet other people who have chickens.

I have a couple of questions, my Rhode Island, Fran ate my gold stud earring today and I am wondering if she will be ok. She seems fine but I'm worried it may do her some damage. Could anyone give me some advice?
The other question is, my I would like to get some guinnea fowl and I was wondering if they would be ok with chickens. I have read that they can be bossy and I am worried that they may take over and scare my chickens. Does anyone have any advice and also I live in South Australia so if anyone knows where I can get some that would be great! Thanks.
Hello and welcome Corgi Chicken!
How is Fran at the moment? I imagine your stud should have passed through by now. I hope you find it to give you some peace of mind.

I'm in NSW but I know at least one other person who is in S.A.

You can add your general location to your avatar (eg. South Australia) which makes it easier for people when giving advice about climate and predators etc. 😊:frow

Back
Top Bottom