Memorial day hatch a long !!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm in! I've got 5 under my broody Silkie. Two EE, 2 silkie/cochin cross, and 1 orpington/cochin cross. I can't really see veining through the EE or Orpington eggs, but the shadow is still growing so I'll take it. The silkie eggs I can see through, and I have movement! WOOT! So excited can't hardly sit still!!:wee

I'm in! I've got 5 under my broody Silkie. Two EE, 2 silkie/cochin cross, and 1 orpington/cochin cross. I can't really see veining through the EE or Orpington eggs, but the shadow is still growing so I'll take it. The silkie eggs I can see through, and I have movement! WOOT! So excited can't hardly sit still!!:wee
Yay!! Congratulations, @fur-mum ! Isn't it so exciting to see the little chick moving? EEs, Orpingtons and Silkies are all so sweet. I have a lone Orpington egg under my little Sebright, and I am hoping she can hatch a chick in the next few days. It's my first attempt at giving an egg to a broody, and her first attempt at hatching.

In the meanwhile:
Update on two incubators full of shipped eggs:
-I candled at Day 5. 17 of the 29 eggs are showing spectacular, gorgeous spiderwebs! Svart Honas, Appenzellers, Silver Sebrights and a Cream Legbar-Olandsk Dwarf cross.

Keep us posted on your egg-citing developments!

-Cerise

Well my eggs were on backorder, lol. I do have some due to hatch @20&21. My new Harris farm 22 incubator worked great for 18 days, but couldn't get the humidity up. So hatched the chicks out in my rcom. This hatch: the Harris Farm incubator may have stopped rotation, just candled before lockdown. Ugh! Just got my eggs from My Pet Chicken, wish I would have splurged on the rcom 50. May have to return the Harris farm incubator. Will see if I can reset it?. Or I'll email them.

@chonsey @kannna @fur-mum -
Have you wondered why this hatch-a-long was so small? Why we've never heard anything from the OP? That's because it's a hatch-a-long for Memorial Day 2017! :lau

I guess nothing happened with it last year, and then we just sort of joined in 12 months too late. Too funny.

-Cerise
Haha! Oh well...
I candled last night, and I think the EE and Silkie eggs are good. Though one of them has some very odd veining. It's almost like there's two air cells in the egg. Not taking it away though. Not really seeing any difference in the Orp egg. So I don't know if it's just a dud or not fertile. I've not paid attention to see if my roo is paying equal attention to all his girls. :confused:

Back
Top Bottom