Men - rant, rant, rant - at least MY man

Quote:
By any chance are you married to my ex-husband?
He would never get me anything for Mothers Day because I was not HIS mother.
he.gif

Are you married to my SO? He long ago informed me that "Mother's Day is nothing but a Hallmark Holiday." I have never received an acknowledgment of the day...except for the time my GRANDMOTHER took my son to buy a gift for me for Mother's Day once when my son was small. (Well, if my son realizes it's Mother's Day, he'll say something, but he only knows it's Mothers Day if I say something...)

That's just men. The way they are. I practically had to order my own gift this year, but he finally got around to it.

After reading this entire thread I know I'm so lucky. The first yr. my partner & I got together we discussed Christmas gift giving the beginning of December. I told her that I dont care what I get I just like opening presents.

This yr. she completely suprized me w/ a band new pair of my favorite birkki's. I was floored. I stand on my feet all day at work. I'm very particular about my footwear. This has been the best Christmas yet.

She gets tattoo $.

We are both practical & prefer practical stuff (not sparkly junk).

Have a great holiday & good luck w/ all the gifts you receive!!

Haha yes a real towbar. He got me one of the 'heavy duty' ones. For my 4cyl. Hahahaha. My car is too weak for my towbar, but the idea is cute.

He doesn't believe in holidays or government mandated gifts either - neither do I. We just get gifts for each other just because. Last week I got him a terrycloth robe and a heart-shaped pewter coffee scoop. He surprised me with a hot pink maglite and a crockpot cookbook with really bizarre (like cow's tongue and offal) recipes in it, which I love.

I had an ex, though who actually wrote down the exact dollar amount he ever spent on me and when we broke up handed me an ITEMIZED bill of our relationship and asked me to pay him back!!!

It is hard getting gifts for our spouses because as adults we buy what we need/like for ourselves. Those Kay jewelry commercials make me throw up in my mouth a little bit...I'm all about practicality, though if I were loaded I sure as heck would have bought us a few cruise tickets. Most of the stuff we want for ourselves is EXPENSIVE. I want a Kindle (and a Brinsea 190), but I want to pick it out for myself. He wants tools (go figure!), and I haven't the FOGGIEST idea what he needs in his shop, so he will pick it out. The kids are more fun to buy for, and we enjoy the plotting of gift buying for them, together.

Last year my DH bought me caca-kickers. I loved them, because I had ordered some chickens and needed to be prepared for stepping through their "schtuff". Thoughtful and practical go a long way with me! Oh, and this year we started shopping on Dec 22nd and finished on Dec 23rd! We are last minute shoppers. Procrastinators unite! Tomorrow!
big_smile.png

Back
Top Bottom