Merry Christmas!

Nibblers a very real duck and doesn't like that happy holidays balogna so Merry Christmas from Nibbler the (Mid molt) silver Appleyard

One of the bells moved and scared him under the tree haha
View attachment 1610909 View attachment 1610910 View attachment 1610912
View attachment 1610913 View attachment 1610914
He is such a pretty duck. Being new to ducks I had never heard of that breed but I really like them a lot after seeing so many on this forum. Two of my runner girls molted early fall and looked horrible. I knew they were molting but I thought they were dying they looked so bad. NIbblers looks good compared to what mine looked like. Since he's molting and it's already winter do you worry that he is going to get cold?

Thankfully my ducks don't molt like my chickens I had some chickens about naked but thankfully they all finished up before it got too cold. With my ducks I give them some added protein and give them the opportunity to stay inside if they want. Against my better judgement today since we're in the middle of a snow storm they all have food and water inside. The only ones who have ventured outside are my 2 geese and 4-5 of my Runners, Buffs they don't stay out just go out long enough to eat some snow.

Thankfully my ducks don't molt like my chickens I had some chickens about naked but thankfully they all finished up before it got too cold. With my ducks I give them some added protein and give them the opportunity to stay inside if they want. Against my better judgement today since we're in the middle of a snow storm they all have food and water inside. The only ones who have ventured outside are my 2 geese and 4-5 of my Runners, Buffs they don't stay out just go out long enough to eat some snow.
That's good to know. When my 2 girls were molting and looking so bad I gave them some of the grower/finisher which has more protein in their food as well as the layer pellets. They survived but they sure looked awful and acted kind of sick the whole time.

How much snow are you getting? Last year this time we got about 18" here. It was crazy! Lost power for 3 days but we've got a generator and fireplace. Cold and rainy here. Very cold.

Well we were suppose to get 14-24 inches but looks like around 6" here other places around us got more. We bought a generator after being with out power for 6 days once thank goodness we have a wood stove.

I’m in England so it’s looking pretty good here. Luckily England is literally always cold so my little ones molted before it got colder. I feel sorry for my female who got left out. My male picked a partner and he always stays with her and protects her but now my other female is left out and sometimes the male pecks her.

Back
Top Bottom