Metacam/Meloxicam dosage?

yesterDAYNE

yurkey crazy
Premium Feather Member
7 Years
Apr 27, 2017
Oklahoma
Hello. I've been looking around but I'm bad at math and I can't find a set answer really.

I know Metacam can only be prescribed by a vet. I work at a canine/feline vet office and can get some temporarily.

I have a turkey hen who got injured today. I'm not exactly sure how, but I think it was a breeding injury (No wounds, but she flinches sometimes when walking like her back hurts). I do want to get her into a vet, but none of the Avian ones are open until Monday and I want to try and relieve her pain a little bit.

She weighs about 9lbs. Even if it's a lighter dose, I just want to try and alleviate some pain until I can get her into an avian vet. I don't know exactly what strength of meta/meloxi we have available until I go to get it, so if I could get the dosages for the more common strengths that would be lovely. I also have access to Carprofen I believe but also unsure of the strengths.

I know that turkeys generally weigh too much to be able to give them Tylenol/ibuprofen safely.

Thanks.

oh hey guys haha, thanks for the help, but she's better now! she healed up a couple days after it happened so we're all good now ^^

Back
Top Bottom