Metal Fortress? Is it enough or to much?

hehehe that's what happens when you get out the welder!

Awesome structure....but I wonder do you have smaller mesh wire under that tarp, I see the HC around the bottom....but a coon could chew thru a tarp and go right thru the cattle panel.

I would have build something like this but one thing stopped me... lack of skills!
I don't know if it has been discussed yet, but make sure digging predators can't bypass the whole thing and dig under.

1/2" hardware cloth on every square inch. It is laid on the ground and a foot U shape pin holding them into the earth. The grass is also grown over it now. Further holding it in place and there is a electric fence in place that is STRONG. I don't have photos of the fence.

About the only then you could add to that place is to make some little metal helmets, body armor, and some sharp and pointy weapons for them to use. Ain't no critter going to get in there, and woe to the bugs that do happen to make it inside.

Amazing job, obvious that this coop will be the new gold standard for protection. I disagree with arming hens w/ weapons tho- some of mine still get that "tyranosaurus gleam" in their eyes from time to time. You could maybe dig a moat outside the fence- just to make sure the unlucky predator got the full benefit of the conductivity power of water as they encountered the fence?

1/2" hardware cloth on every square inch. It is laid on the ground and a foot U shape pin holding them into the earth. The grass is also grown over it now. Further holding it in place and there is a electric fence in place that is STRONG. I don't have photos of the fence.
Oh Great!! I only saw the bottom part and the very substantial apron.

Back
Top Bottom