1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Metal roofs? where to find? name?

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by stir-fry, Apr 20, 2009.

  1. stir-fry

    stir-fry Out Of The Brooder

    Apr 12, 2009
    Covington, WA
    I see tons of coop pics with the flat or slightly ridged GREEN metal roofs. whats this called? where do you find it? Ive hit a dead end.

    example below

  2. Chicks_N_Horses

    Chicks_N_Horses Chillin' With My Peeps

    Mar 30, 2009
    South Alabama
    I would assume that is regular house metal roofing metal. Just sized to a chicken top. IDK...my husband is a contractor and that looks like the same stuff he orders to go on peoples houses...
  3. Judy

    Judy Moderator Staff Member

    Feb 5, 2009
    South Georgia
    Quote:Looks like it to me. Sold everywhere here and commonly used around here; lasts forever. I get it at Home Depot or Lowe's, or from a local metal working company. Several grades and prices.
  4. patandchickens

    patandchickens Flock Mistress

    Apr 20, 2007
    Ontario, Canada
    It's not an in-stock on-the-shelves item in all areas -- you may have to special order it. Just talk to the hardware store guys and explain what you want.

    Good luck, have fun,


BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by