Metzer Farms Review(s)

My experience with Mezter farms has been very negative. Yes, the customer service is excellent, but I believe at this point this company practices inhumane operations. I ordered 3 indian runner ducklings and 1 khaki cambell. It took 3 days for them to arrive (I live 7 hours by car from their facility), and one of the indian runners was so weak upon arrival she passed within minutes of being picked up from the post office. The company required me to pay for a second duckling to ship with the replacement duckling. This duo took FOUR DAYS to arrive and both were dead on arrival. This was my first-time shipping animals and it will be my last as I do not condone inhumane practices. 0/0 cannot recommend to anyone this company as I have ended up with otherwise healthy but dead ducklings due to their poor shipping choices.
We are very sorry for the late arrival. We have been working with the PO in Memphis as we found birds delivered by truck from Memphis took longer than those that were flown. They pick up our birds at the hatchery late in the evening and then process them so they can get the birds to FedEx on time. The problem with this approach was that the postal trucks normally leave early in the morning and by processing our birds at 4:00am they missed the trucks leaving earlier. Marc had to go to the PO several times to figure out this problem and find a solution. Now we place the shipments destined for truck delivery on a separate pallet so the Post Office processes them immediately upon arrival at the PO so they can catch the early trucks. We hope this solves the poor delivery of birds to destinations near our TN hatchery.

We are very sorry for the late arrival. We have been working with the PO in Memphis as we found birds delivered by truck from Memphis took longer than those that were flown. They pick up our birds at the hatchery late in the evening and then process them so they can get the birds to FedEx on time. The problem with this approach was that the postal trucks normally leave early in the morning and by processing our birds at 4:00am they missed the trucks leaving earlier. Marc had to go to the PO several times to figure out this problem and find a solution. Now we place the shipments destined for truck delivery on a separate pallet so the Post Office processes them immediately upon arrival at the PO so they can catch the early trucks. We hope this solves the poor delivery of birds to destinations near our TN hatchery.
Yes I was delighted that mine were shipped out later in the day on Tuesday of this week but I still got them from Tennessee to Ohio on Thursday morning at 8:30 am when the post office opened. I was disappointed that the post office did not call me at 6am as they did for my Mallards since they had them earlier. I knew that from the post man that gave them to me telling me they were being much quieter than the chicks they usually get in. That was no fault of Metzer's though and I was just glad to get them so quickly.

Yes I was delighted that mine were shipped out later in the day on Tuesday of this week but I still got them from Tennessee to Ohio on Thursday morning at 8:30 am when the post office opened. I was disappointed that the post office did not call me at 6am as they did for my Mallards since they had them earlier. I knew that from the post man that gave them to me telling me they were being much quieter than the chicks they usually get in. That was no fault of Metzer's though and I was just glad to get them so quickly.
@Luv Ducks
Resized_20240328_085154.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom