Meyer assorted brown layer pullets, what did I get?

Nickeechickee

Chirping
7 Years
Dec 23, 2012
Had them about a week now:

These ones are light yellow fluff, solid white feathers coming in. Orange/yellow feet. The appear bigger than the others and are the noisiest when picked up.

These are the ones I thought sort of looked like the golden buff chick pics on Meyer. They are an even light reddish beige for the fluff. Orange/yellow feet. They are feathering the fastest.

These ones are dark gray/black fuzz with yellow fuzz on the tops of their heads and under their chins. Lighter gray fuzz on the belly. Feathers coming in are black/dark gray with light gray edging. Feet have black on them (not straight orange/yellow like the others).

First one looks like a white rock, middle looks like a production red or New Hampshire, last one is either barred rock or dominique. Does it have a single or rose comb?

Had them about a week now:

WL

These ones are light yellow fluff, solid white feathers coming in. Orange/yellow feet. The appear bigger than the others and are the noisiest when picked up.

RIR

These are the ones I thought sort of looked like the golden buff chick pics on Meyer. They are an even light reddish beige for the fluff. Orange/yellow feet. They are feathering the fastest.

BPR

These ones are dark gray/black fuzz with yellow fuzz on the tops of their heads and under their chins. Lighter gray fuzz on the belly. Feathers coming in are black/dark gray with light gray edging. Feet have black on them (not straight orange/yellow like the others).

Oh, I don't think they can be that, because don't white leghorns lay white eggs? These were listed as brown egg layers.

Oh, I don't think they can be that, because don't white leghorns lay white eggs? These were listed as brown egg layers.
Yes. I didnt read the title ir any of the post acctually. I just saw that you wanted to know what WL stood for. I ddint even realize the brown egg layer thing since I didnt read it. Sorry, i dont know what else WL could stand for.

No worries. The original poster might not have paid attention.

I'm now wondering if my beige-ish chickens are actually two different varieties. Two look just like the one in the 2nd picture with the blackish spots on the wings. But I noticed that the third is nearly solid beige with hardly any spots. They all looked the same when I got them. So I don't know if that is just natural variations for whatever breed they are or if they are actually different.

Back
Top Bottom