Meyer Hatcherie ?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by PitbullChick, Dec 17, 2012.

1. PitbullChick

PitbullChick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2012
    I tried finding a thread on this but couldnt. Anyone order from them?I have seen mixed reviews on the internet but they are the cheapest and are just 2 hours away. Also,whats their quality of birds like? Any pics? Thanks!

2. spotsplus

spotsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    I've been ordering from Meyer for a few years and never had a problem. Chicks always arrive healthy. I wouldn't say they are show quality but for production they do well.

3. donnavee

donnavee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Central NC
    Most of my girls are from them - I agree with the not show quality statement, but they have all been healthy. I can take some pics fo them tomorrow and post if you would like.

4. PitbullChick

PitbullChick Out Of The Brooder

Dec 14, 2012
    Yeah if you dont mind. ANd I wouldnt be showing them so it wouldnt matter really. Thank you!

5. Stanthebirdman

Stanthebirdman New Egg

Dec 15, 2012
    I would like to see some pictures of some birds from Meyer Hatcheries as well!

6. donnavee

donnavee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2009
    Central NC
    Ok, here are some from last year when they were pullets. I'll try to get some current ones today. It's really windy here & they are laying low, but treats always bring them out.

[​IMG]

Easter Egger

[​IMG]
    Another EE

[​IMG]

Dominique

[​IMG]
    Golden Campine

[​IMG]

This is the only chick I had a problem with - she was supposed to be a Cuckoo Maran - but the legs are yellow and she has golden feathers on the neck. I actually got 2 of them (gave the other to a friend) and the other one was colored correctly. This one does lay a darkish egg and is very sweet so I think she does have some Maran in her, but obviously something else as well.

Of the 15 chicks I got, all were sexed correctly, the order was received on time and all were healthy from day one.

7. spotsplus

spotsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    [​IMG]
    Here is a Rhode Island Red hen I have that I bought as a chick from Meyer.

8. mmi 45

mmi 45 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2012
    i have ordered a good many from them . i don't show birds but they were very good looking birds. not many losses the only reason i would use another place if they didn't carry the birds i wanted .

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 26, 2012
  9. mmi 45

mmi 45 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 2, 2012
    i order from the ohio one .

10. Happytat

Happytat New Egg

Nov 26, 2011
    I really like Meyer. I ordered our 25 pullet chicks from them and only got one roo. Pretty good! 24 of them arrived in perfect health, one was a tad sickly, but it cleared up in two days. Mine free-range and turned into 24 lovely hens and 1 handsome roo.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by