Meyer Hatcherie ?

Meyer Hatchery has sent me 2 groups of very healthy chicks. They lay eggs and are nice looking chickens. No, they aren't show quality, but for $3-4 per chick, and 90% accuracy sexing for roos and pullets, I think they do okay. They are in Ohio, so I don't have to have chicks traveling for 3 days across country in the mail. I have been satisfied with them, and I would recommend that people order chicks during March-April-May when temperatures are moderate for shipping.

I think she may be a Golden Cuckoo Marans hen. See the resemblance?

Yellow legs do occasionally ocur in Gold Cuckoo Marans, so it's nothing extremely uncommon. :D hope this helped. :)

Yes, and thanks. Now that she is older, she looks almost exactly like yours except for the legs and her comb and tail are a bit smaller now as she is molting a little. The leg color was the one thing that really threw me off. She does lay a darker, shiny egg - not chocolate colored but definitely different than the other chickens. Now I feel better about the name we gave her - Cuckoo.

The staff there is great for first timers- if you can swing the trip, I highly recommend going instead of having the chicks shipped. They will show you which chicks are which, and are very patient in answering "stupid" newbie questions!
smile.png

I just received my chicks yesterday morning from meyer, every single one of them are great looking chicks. Full of life and run right up to me when I put my hand in with them. I live 2 and a half hours away from them and they shipped overnight. Got them out of the box, dipped their beak in water to make them take a drink and put them under the heater. they stayed under the heater for about 30 seconds and started running laps around the brooder :) No DOA's, but one did die the first day, but I don't think it was because of having anything wrong with it or hardship in shipping. my brother was holding it and it leaped out of his hands, and died within an hour later. :( I am looking to buying more easter eggers and hopefully some marans next week from them! :)

I just received my chicks yesterday morning from meyer, every single one of them are great looking chicks. Full of life and run right up to me when I put my hand in with them. I live 2 and a half hours away from them and they shipped overnight. Got them out of the box, dipped their beak in water to make them take a drink and put them under the heater. they stayed under the heater for about 30 seconds and started running laps around the brooder :) No DOA's, but one did die the first day, but I don't think it was because of having anything wrong with it or hardship in shipping. my brother was holding it and it leaped out of his hands, and died within an hour later. :( I am looking to buying more easter eggers and hopefully some marans next week from them! :)
Sorry about the one that died but congrats on the rest of the fuzzies. I still have til mid April before I get my new additions and I'm getting very impatient. I love EEs but didn't order any this time.

Back
Top Bottom