( Meyer Hatchery ) 16 Week Old Cockerel - What Breed?

Can't wait for eggs! 16 weeks now but not much comb or wattles. I have another one that is extremely different. She's exotic with her dark feature and many feathers on her legs. And I have a mix breed they labeled a Blue Star. Half Australorp half Barred Rock. She built more slender and her comb is different.

Attachments

• PXL_20210802_171003746~2.jpg
    PXL_20210802_171003746~2.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 7
  • PXL_20210802_171705543.jpg
    PXL_20210802_171705543.jpg
    745.6 KB · Views: 8
Came from Meyer Hatchery as a bin chick, so it was kind of a mixed bag. I had another thread that originally started as a gender one but evolved into figuring out what Blueberry’s breed was. I’m just wanting to put this in its own thread to get more opinions.
I use Meyer as well. They are a great convenient place for me (hour away), but their quality is hilarious. My silver laced wyandotte does not have lacing - she is black with white spots. No joke. When I sent them a pic of her their response was "she is hatchery quality". Wow. I said "but you're the hatchery?!" If you don't believe me, look her up - she's BYC Calendar Miss July 2020. SPOTS.

Came from Meyer Hatchery as a bin chick, so it was kind of a mixed bag. I had another thread that originally started as a gender one but evolved into figuring out what Blueberry’s breed was. I’m just wanting to put this in its own thread to get more opinions.
Blue Marans.

I use Meyer as well. They are a great convenient place for me (hour away), but their quality is hilarious. My silver laced wyandotte does not have lacing - she is black with white spots. No joke. When I sent them a pic of her their response was "she is hatchery quality". Wow. I said "but you're the hatchery?!" If you don't believe me, look her up - she's BYC Calendar Miss July 2020. SPOTS.
The local feed store gets their chicks from Meyers. Honestly I love all of my girls. This is my SLW. I guess I got lucky.

Attachments

• PXL_20210114_175838683.jpg
    PXL_20210114_175838683.jpg
    682.8 KB · Views: 6
You can’t expect too much. Their mantra is quantity over quality, my friend.
oakland athletics pat on the back GIF by MLB
Meyer's Actually breeds for both Quality, & Quantity. I use them as my main hatchery source, & have made friends with the staff.

I got my Heritage Plymouth Barred Rocks from them, & they're really great. Sumatras aren't bad at all either.
20210404_090908.jpg
20210709_152454.jpg
So far the poor quality birds comes from other common hatcheries, such as hoovers, as an example.

There's gonna be flaws, no matter where your birds are sourced.

Back
Top Bottom