Meyer Hatchery: A Raise A long (Black & Blue Copper Marans, Cuckoo Marans, Easter Egger and Olive Eggers Galore)

Enjoy :). Grabbed a few that wanted to say hi lol. The BCM's are seeming to grow slower then the rest but these easter+olive eggers seem to be the most social. Still trying

Attachments

• 1001.jpg
    1001.jpg
    238 KB · Views: 14
  • 1000.jpg
    1000.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 999.jpg
    999.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 9899.jpg
    9899.jpg
    209.2 KB · Views: 12
  • 987.jpg
    987.jpg
    208.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 989.jpg
    989.jpg
    212.1 KB · Views: 12
  • 99.jpg
    99.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 16
Upgraded the temporary brooder from the 100 gallon stock tank to a 10x4 cardboard box kingdom. I noticed this last week they were flying around and being super vocal so me and my wife spent time and upgraded them. They seem to be liking it a bunch and everyone has been doing super well so far. This is week three as of today and everyone seems to be less dependent on the brooder plate and more active flying around everywhere. I think names will come next week so if anyone following along has any name suggestions feel free to float them out there! (Wife has final say on a lot of these lol).

Attachments

• 29.jpg
    29.jpg
    361.4 KB · Views: 16
  • 31.jpg
    31.jpg
    314.9 KB · Views: 16
  • 32.jpg
    32.jpg
    360.8 KB · Views: 15
  • 30.jpg
    30.jpg
    342.8 KB · Views: 17
Hi all starting this thread pre-emptively as I'll be getting my chicks in the next couple of days.

(Anxiously waiting on shipping to be updated as it's been 12+ hours with no movement lol). I know I need to be patient but I'm anxiety ridden cause shipping not being updated has happened on my other ones but the impatience on my part is unbearable.

Anyway here is the spread & breeds:

3 Black Copper Marans (1 Roo) (2 Hens)
2 Black Copper Marans (Hens)
2 Golden Cuckoo Marans (Hens)
4 Easter Eggers (Hens)
2 Black Ameraucana (Hens)
2 (Surprise/Meal Maker & Homestead Helper)

I'll try and get some pictures of each as we do and maybe try and do weekly updates depending on my work.
I will be getting new chicks 1st week of April in the mail from Valley Hatchery and am nervous now, glad it's not just me and I am sure it will be worse closer to my date. Can't wait to see your new chicks.

Joannie is my darkest layer from Meyers....I posted pics I believe on page 2.. Angel lays a tad darker egg than her tho, she is Joannie's daughter. (Pics on cup)
View attachment 3757191
View attachment 3757192View attachment 3757193
I'm excited to see what mine turn out this spring. I should get around to taking some pics this week I've just been swamped w/ work and other house things sadly. That is a very nice shade of dark brown.

Also side note I think one of the grey's I have four similar colored (one is deff an EE w/ the nice dark green/gray legs) but I think they gave me a spare blue copper marans I'm not sure if it's a roo or a hen but it is starting to get a little red comb going on week four. We shall see! Thanks for posting again :)

I'm excited to see what mine turn out this spring. I should get around to taking some pics this week I've just been swamped w/ work and other house things sadly. That is a very nice shade of dark brown.

Also side note I think one of the grey's I have four similar colored (one is deff an EE w/ the nice dark green/gray legs) but I think they gave me a spare blue copper marans I'm not sure if it's a roo or a hen but it is starting to get a little red comb going on week four. We shall see! Thanks for posting again :)
Check for pink feet on your BlCM.

Thank you... I'm looking to incubate Joannie's, Angels (Joannie's daughter) and 1 other of my OG's eggs this week.
Betty is another Meyer hatchery hen that's an all black BCM that lays a nice matte finish egg.
All my hens are in with my other roo now and he's a little over colored in the chest so he should put some nice copper on Betty's progeny. This is a test hatch to see what progeny he produces from all 9 girls.
Here's Betty and her eggs. Jett (my 3rd and final Meyer's OG is my profile pic)
20230903_171803.jpg

IMG_20240225_152447.jpg

Back
Top Bottom