Meyer Hatchery....CAN SEX POLISH CHICK'S??????????????????????????????

k2chickens

Songster
10 Years
Apr 22, 2009
New Castle, Indiana
WOW...i still can't get this out of my head that they can sex day old polish and send them to my door. June 15th they will be shipping me..

4 white silkies
1 GLW Pullet
1 Welsummer Pullet
1 GL Polish Pullet!
1 Buff Polish Pullet!

Isin't that crazy??? I even asked the operator when i made my order about a month ago..and she said " yep, they can sex'em" I was just blown away...even in their catalog they list they can send you pullet polish!!! Isin't that great?!!!!!!!!!

Have any of you ordered polish pullet's from Meyer's?? I would love to hear how they turned out!!
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
We didn't order from Meyer, but from McMurray, who also sexes Polish. We ordered 2 golden laced polish pullets which we got in April and that is just what we got. We love them.
love.gif
Have fun with your chicks!

Just a small warning, not to burst any bubbles. I ordered through My Pet Chicken who gets their chicks from Meyer. Our Golden Polish "pullet" started crowing this morning. I'm still trying to decide if it looks like a cockerel or if it's just a crowing pullet. Hard to say, but it pretty much deflated me this morning. I guess that's how it goes, regardless of where you get chicks. Sorry.

Well there will always be mistake it is not full proof. Most hatchiers list a 90% sex rate some chicks it is just hard to tell. I ordered 25 pullets from MT Healthy hoping for a mistake of a roo or two and I got it. Now when ordering a small amount that is not what you want or need but it does happen.

Quote:
don't be too glum....send me a pic...i can tell ya if you got a roo or pull
wink.png

oh yeah-can you sex 3 week old polish very accurately? if so Im posting pictures for you-Ill take them tomorrow-I think I have 1 pullet 2 roos-I do hope its the other way around!

Back
Top Bottom