Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by farmguy2007, Jan 23, 2013.

1. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    NICE....what is everything? I can't tell from the pic.
    I'll take a pic of some of the chicken stuff I got too.

Brrr 50.... we keep it at 62 and that's pretty cool to most people!

sooooo cute :)

Yay for the skelter and you have pretty eggs there! I can't wait till my one green layer starts laying again to liven up my basket. My 2 dark egg layers have now stopped so all my eggs look pretty similar in color and size. Can't complain though... at least I'm getting wonderful fresh eggs!!

2. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

RoostersCrow HensDeliver! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Oh , I almost forgot! We had this big guy for Christmas dinner, its so cool to raise your own turkey. He was so yummy!
    [​IMG]
    Oh yeah & he weighed 26 1/2 lbs so my arms were shaking so bad trying to hold him long enough for my husband to take the picture!

3. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan

Starting from the left : hand made casserole/pie dish carrier, coffee mugs with chia tea and latte mixes, potholder with pocket, and ornaments in the front. My mom has more chicken fabric to sew another one too but ran out of time, so I get that one next week :)

4. chickadee5002

chickadee5002 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2013
    Perrysville, OH

Oh I love it! :love. Soooo pretty! I got an apron with chickens on it and I love it! I love that pattern! Wish my mom could do that!

5. NanaLynn

NanaLynn Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 1, 2012
    Nice! She really got carried away with the chicken theme!

I love Amazon gift cards! So glad you can get a red skelter too. Don't be too discouraged about the time frame for delivery, since they seem to ship faster then they say.

Wow, you make it look light in the picture. Looks delicious! I hope to get turkeys sometime in the future. I guess we need to figure out chickens first before we make that leap.

6. NotableNancy

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Wow!!! I'm not sure that would even fit in my oven :) My oven is about 30 years old and reallllly want a new one but when we had all my other appliances die that got put on the back burner.

7. NotableNancy

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    here are a few of my chicken Christmas presents....

[​IMG]
    cute little tin decoration for house or garden, a chicken necklace which thankfully was a joke gift and a spoon rest and mug!
    I also got a few chicken treats in my stocking (I assume they are for the girls since I don't like meal worms) and a really pretty
    iron Welcome sign with a rooster on it to hang on the run/coop. It's already hanging so I didn't get a pic of it :)

8. chickenpooplady

chickenpooplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 16, 2012
    Ohio
    My Coop
    [​IMG]

My Blue Andalusian laid her first egg yesterday! [​IMG]

[​IMG]

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!

9. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Overrun With Chickens

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan

That's a big turkey. We got one from a friend for Thanksgiving, and it weighed 37.1 pounds. I wish I had some pictures. It was just huge. We had so much leftover turkey meals that I got sick of it. :lol: I think we even still have some left in the freezer.

10. RoostersCrow HensDeliver!

Apr 11, 2011
    SE Michigan
    Very cute, I really like the metal chicken.

Aww the coop looks so cute! I WISH I had that kind of ambition :)

Turkeys really aren't that much different than chickens, I raised mine with a clutch of chicks and they were great together. The only thing is once they get really big, they can get pushy at the feeder.

My mom barely squeezed him in hers, he took up the entire oven and we had to cook all the sides in crock pots and a big roaster. We normally deep fry them but there was no way he would fit in the fryer pot.

Oh my GOSH! 37lbs!!! That's why I have a vacuum sealer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by