Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

My mother has outdone herself this Christmas
big_smile.png

NICE....what is everything? I can't tell from the pic.
I'll take a pic of some of the chicken stuff I got too.

Glad to hear Sunni made a full recovery. I'm not surprised, she seems like a very resilient bird!
I hope you are staying warm. We lost our heater during the freeze it got to 50 in our house. Luckily we were able to get it fixed within a few hours. I can't imagine no power for days. I really need to find a place I can be self sufficient!

Merry Christmas everyone! Hope you enjoy your holidays!
Brrr 50.... we keep it at 62 and that's pretty cool to most people!

Merry Christmas everyone!
sooooo cute :)

Wow that's a lot! What fun!

We opened our xmas gifts early since dh works tomorrow and I got my skelter! Yeah!

I gave 2 dozen of our eggs away as gifts yesterday so it's pretty empty but I'm still so excited.
smile.png

My parents also gave dh and I some $ for Xmas for sharing our house with them for the last 6 weeks, think I'm going to treat myself to an eco glow brooder.
smile.png
Yay for the skelter and you have pretty eggs there! I can't wait till my one green layer starts laying again to liven up my basket. My 2 dark egg layers have now stopped so all my eggs look pretty similar in color and size. Can't complain though... at least I'm getting wonderful fresh eggs!!

Oh , I almost forgot! We had this big guy for Christmas dinner, its so cool to raise your own turkey. He was so yummy!

Oh yeah & he weighed 26 1/2 lbs so my arms were shaking so bad trying to hold him long enough for my husband to take the picture!

NICE....what is everything? I can't tell from the pic.
I'll take a pic of some of the chicken stuff I got too. 

Starting from the left : hand made casserole/pie dish carrier, coffee mugs with chia tea and latte mixes, potholder with pocket, and ornaments in the front. My mom has more chicken fabric to sew another one too but ran out of time, so I get that one next week :)

My mother has outdone herself this Christmas
big_smile.png

Nice! She really got carried away with the chicken theme!

I love Amazon gift cards! So glad you can get a red skelter too. Don't be too discouraged about the time frame for delivery, since they seem to ship faster then they say.

Oh , I almost forgot! We had this big guy for Christmas dinner, its so cool to raise your own turkey. He was so yummy!

Oh yeah & he weighed 26 1/2 lbs so my arms were shaking so bad trying to hold him long enough for my husband to take the picture!
Wow, you make it look light in the picture. Looks delicious! I hope to get turkeys sometime in the future. I guess we need to figure out chickens first before we make that leap.

Wow!!! I'm not sure that would even fit in my oven :) My oven is about 30 years old and reallllly want a new one but when we had all my other appliances die that got put on the back burner.

here are a few of my chicken Christmas presents....

cute little tin decoration for house or garden, a chicken necklace which thankfully was a joke gift and a spoon rest and mug!
I also got a few chicken treats in my stocking (I assume they are for the girls since I don't like meal worms) and a really pretty
iron Welcome sign with a rooster on it to hang on the run/coop. It's already hanging so I didn't get a pic of it :)

That's a big turkey. We got one from a friend for Thanksgiving, and it weighed 37.1 pounds. I wish I had some pictures. It was just huge. We had so much leftover turkey meals that I got sick of it. :lol: I think we even still have some left in the freezer.

here are a few of my chicken Christmas presents....

cute little tin decoration for house or garden, a chicken necklace which thankfully was a joke gift and a spoon rest and mug!
I also got a few chicken treats in my stocking (I assume they are for the girls since I don't like meal worms) and a really pretty
iron Welcome sign with a rooster on it to hang on the run/coop. It's already hanging so I didn't get a pic of it :)
Very cute, I really like the metal chicken.

My Blue Andalusian laid her first egg yesterday!
celebrate.gif

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas!
Aww the coop looks so cute! I WISH I had that kind of ambition :)

Nice! She really got carried away with the chicken theme!

I love Amazon gift cards! So glad you can get a red skelter too. Don't be too discouraged about the time frame for delivery, since they seem to ship faster then they say.

Wow, you make it look light in the picture. Looks delicious! I hope to get turkeys sometime in the future. I guess we need to figure out chickens first before we make that leap.
Turkeys really aren't that much different than chickens, I raised mine with a clutch of chicks and they were great together. The only thing is once they get really big, they can get pushy at the feeder.

Wow!!! I'm not sure that would even fit in my oven :) My oven is about 30 years old and reallllly want a new one but when we had all my other appliances die that got put on the back burner.
My mom barely squeezed him in hers, he took up the entire oven and we had to cook all the sides in crock pots and a big roaster. We normally deep fry them but there was no way he would fit in the fryer pot.

That's a big turkey. We got one from a friend for Thanksgiving, and it weighed 37.1 pounds. I wish I had some pictures. It was just huge. We had so much leftover turkey meals that I got sick of it.
lol.png
I think we even still have some left in the freezer.
Oh my GOSH! 37lbs!!! That's why I have a vacuum sealer.

Back
Top Bottom