Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by farmguy2007, Jan 23, 2013.

1. trsturself

trsturself Songster

Mar 24, 2013
    Elizabeth, CO
    Interesting about the molting. I think our cochin might be laying again. We got an egg yesterday that I couldn't place and another one today that might be hers or our BA's. I'm hoping our BA lays today so I can tell for sure. I sure hope she's laying again!

2. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Crowing

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan
    Hmm... So maybe I was wrong about the earliest molt being 12 months. :/ I was told that Sunni may be molting because the stress of being attacked by our dog pushed her into a molt. She has been downstairs for 10 minutes just now and she has dropped about 15-20 feathers all over the house. I think I'll be picking up feathers all over the house for a long time. :lol:

3. chickadee5002

chickadee5002 Songster

Sep 10, 2013
    Perrysville, OH

Oh my! None of my girls have gone through a molt yet. They are 34 weeks old so maybe they will wait till next year to molt?

4. NanaLynn

NanaLynn Songster

Nov 1, 2012
    I still have two of my older girls that have not molted yet, but Oreo may have gone through a molt early after her attack, she was so messed up and had lost feathers so it is possible. Ash the RIR has not molted yet, I hope that she holds off until a couple more are laying since she is the best layer I have. I have the official counts for 2013 for my chickens.

June - 16 eggs- all of these were from the ones lost in the dog attack [​IMG]
    July - 36
    August - 31
    September - 104
    October - 90
    November - 89
    December - 68

Grand 2013 Total of eggs is 517 eggs or around 43 dozen[​IMG]

The winning layer is Ash my RIR at 142 eggs[​IMG]
    The rest are as follows:
    Olivia(EE)- 60 green eggs
    Big Mama (BO) - 88 eggs
    Oreo (BR) - 114, which is great since she was the injured one, she is really pulling her weight around here.
    Pepper (BR) - 45, she is not pulling her weight, hopefully she'll start again soon
    Daisy (WR) - 45, she is a couple months younger, so she has time to catch up
    Izzie - Light Brown Leghorn - 7 eggs- first of the young ones to lay

Hopefully we will be rolling in the eggs come 2014!!!! I just pray the dogs and hawks stay away and everyone stays safe and healthy.

Happy New Year Everyone! I hope you and your families also stay safe and healthy!!! Best wishes for a great 2014!!!!!!!![​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. trsturself

trsturself Songster

Mar 24, 2013
    Elizabeth, CO
    Happy New Years! My daughter insists on making it to midnight so I am up with her barely hanging in there though. DH is already asleep.
    I hope this is a great year for everyone! Looking forward to all the upcoming chick pics!

6. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Songster

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    HAPPY NEW YEAR [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. NotableNancy

NotableNancy Songster

Dec 28, 2012
    Pennsylvania
    Now I know why my one RIR that lays the dark eggs stopped laying - - - molting!
    Finding red feathers everywhere. Sheesh, Mother Nature is messed up. It's going to be 2 degrees tonight [​IMG] Poor girls.

8. MsChickenMomma

MsChickenMomma Crowing

Dec 2, 2012
    Michigan

I was just thinking that last night when I went to tuck in the girls. It is getting down to 1-3 degrees every night, and yet four of my girls are molting. Two arent from Meyer, and then Ellie and Sunni are molting. Sunni is at least spared from the cold, but I feel bad for my other girls.

I just ordered some crochet needles, and I am going to learn how to hopefully make my chickens some sweaters. Then I can put them on the girls that are molting when it gets really cold. We'll see if I can figure out the pattern for the sweaters or not. ;)

9. NanaLynn

NanaLynn Songster

Nov 1, 2012
    We go down to 25 tonight and 18 tomorrow night. Right now just my BO is molting, but she seems to be filling in the feathers now. So hopefully she'll be fine. Two more of the new ones squatted today, my Partridge Rock and Salmon Favorelle. So that's 5 of the new 16. My other leghorn seems ready to lay soon too.

10. Kalalyn21

Kalalyn21 Chirping

Jun 2, 2012
    Freedom, ID
    My meal maker just started laying, or so I think it's her anyways. She is the only other one with bright red comb and waddles that isnt already laying.

Last edited: Jan 2, 2014

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by