Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I have been administering save a chick and baby food to the weaklings. Here is a pic of the deformed one :

The shiny stuff is Vaseline.
Oh that's horrible. I was thinking they had to see the one was deformed when they were moving it around or sexing or packing... but maybe it was weak and the other chicks were pecking it during shipping? Either way, it's sad. So sorry for you and the chicks.
I think you have to wait 48 hours after arrival to call; not shipping.

Yeah
smile.png
That's one of the many things I am thankful for. I took tons of pictures of my 9 healthy little chicks. Once I go through them all and re-size them, I'll get them posted for you guys!

The Campine chicks are by far the prettiest chicks I have ever seen!

My Campine is really a hoot! She is by far the most talkative of my girls. She is also the most curious/nosy - first out into the run when I enter and first back into the coop when I am fidgeting around in there. Just has to see what's going on.
This is her last May.

And then at the end of summer (on the left),

Always talking, always curious.

My Campine is really a hoot! She is by far the most talkative of my girls. She is also the most curious/nosy - first out into the run when I enter and first back into the coop when I am fidgeting around in there. Just has to see what's going on. This is her last May. And then at the end of summer (on the left), Always talking, always curious.
Your Campine is very pretty! My two are only 4 days old and they are already very curious. I have been feeding my chicks crumbles in my hand about 4 times a day to try and get them used to me, and the Campines are always the first ones to run to my hands. This is my first time ever having Campines, so I'm very excited about them!

Last edited:
My Campine is really a hoot! She is by far the most talkative of my girls. She is also the most curious/nosy - first out into the run when I enter and first back into the coop when I am fidgeting around in there. Just has to see what's going on.
This is her last May.

And then at the end of summer (on the left),

Always talking, always curious.

Your Campine is beautiful! What is the girl on the right? She's really neat looking as well!

Yes. I didn't have very good luck did I? I know I have to wait 48 hours before I report my losses, but is it 48 hours after they where shipped out or after o got them in the brooder?
Wow, you sure did not have very good luck. I would much rather have missing chicks then deformed ones or DOA ones. So sorry...let us know updates on the chicks and what they say at Meyer's.

Polish from Meyers Hatchery 2012 and are doing well, also have 24 Golden Buff hens that are very healthy.

I look forward to ours growing up after seeing these pics, so cute! Here is our chick Zorro...
we took the little ones out for a field trip in the chicken run yesterday.

I have a question for everyone who has adult Meyer Hatchery birds. What was the success rate for getting the correct genders that you ordered? Did you gets any boys when you ordered girls, and if so, how many? I only ordered 10 chicks, all of them girls, and I'm worried about getting some possible boys. My dad used to order from McMurray ever couple of years when I was young, and he never got any boys from them, unless it was a mystery bird. Is it the same way for Meyer?

I get paranoid very easily, and I've been constantly worrying about getting roosters when I only wanted hens.

Back
Top Bottom