Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

The speed of feather growth can indicate the sex of the chick, but the tendency for slow-feathering in the male offspring has to be bred into them. I'm not sure if it's a reliable sexing method for buff Orpingtons. Honestly, I'd wait until you see more definite signs, like comb growth, before deciding if you have a little boy in your mix.
Okay thanks
big_smile.png
I'm just being paranoid again... lol

Rooster paranoia. :lol: I get it every year with my chicks. This year, though, I'm kind of hoping my black frizzle Cochin bantam is a boy. :fl

Last edited:
Thanks! :fl I'm not sure about him, because I'm pretty sure the EE bantam is a boy at this point and Po (the Cochin bantam) is smaller, has less comb growth, and doesn't stand as upright. :lol: Never thought I'd see the day I got hen paranoia.

Finally got individual shots of everyone today! :D They are 10 days old.

Easter-egger bantam:

Black frizzle Cochin bantam:

Light brown Leghorn:

Golden Campine:

Egyptian Fayoumi:

Silver Lakenvelder:

Exchequer Leghorn:

Ancona:

Rooster paranoia.
lol.png
I get it every year with my chicks. This year, though, I'm kind of hoping my black frizzle Cochin bantam is a boy.
fl.gif
I get rooster paranoia with every batch of chicks - doesn't matter that I've ordered sexed females, I'm always convinced at least one of them is a roo until I get eggs lol. My current batch though, I'm really really paranoid that I have two ancona roos!

Back
Top Bottom