Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I took some pictures of my girls today. They are 28 weeks and 4 days old. I now have just seven chickens from Meyer. I no longer have the Campines. I did take some pictures of them the day before they went to their new home though. (sorry some of these pictures have such bad quality. It's so hard to get good pictures of them when they're in the coop. My camera has trouble with the lighting in there).

Lucy (left) and Lizzie (right). I'm really sad that I couldn't keep these two...
sad.png
They like their new home though.

Ellie - (Easter Egger.) (I couldn't get a picture of her face. She didn't want to hold still for the camera.)

Amber - (Easter Egger) (She looks grumpy, but she really isn't. She just has a grumpy resting face.
wink.png
)

Annie - (White Leghorn)

Alice - (White Leghorn)

Lilly - (Black Australorp) Her comb is still so little, but her wattles are getting huge. I'm hoping her comb catches up soon. Lilly has always seemed to grow much slower than other Australorps I have seen.

Daffodil - (Buff Orpington)

and Sunni - (Buff Orpington)

These two aren't Meyer girls, but they are my other two chickens that I decided to keep.

Henny - (New Hampshire Red) She's my 5 and a half year old, nearly blind special needs hen.

Chicken Little - (Buff Orpington/Rhode Island Red mix) She is going through a rapid molt, so she looks pretty bad right now. Poor girl.

This is what she looks like when she's not missing over half of her feathers.
lol.png

Is that a dog house conversion? I would love to see more photos of it. They are all beautiful.

Got our catalog today finally. After our experience with mail order chicks this year I think I'll just go to the local feed store and pick out healthy looking chicks. I think I might order some hatching eggs from BYCers also. I just ordered some of the parts I need to build our own incubator. :)

Well I just went out to feed my girls in the big coop and found my favorite girl laying stiff on the floor :hit why does it ALWAYS have to be my favorite?! :hit
I thought she was over her respiratory infection from the Pox. :hit

I absolutely LOVE Meyer Hatchery! The best quality of bird I've ever had!! Great customer service too.

These were hatched Aug 19 and some are already squatting! Can't wait to place my Spring order!
Very nice! What are you getting in the spring?
Got our catalog today finally. After our experience with mail order chicks this year I think I'll just go to the local feed store and pick out healthy looking chicks. I think I might order some hatching eggs from BYCers also. I just ordered some of the parts I need to build our own incubator. :)
I haven't gotten my catalog yet but I may order from my feed store anyway. They get their chicks from Ideal I think and you can actually place an order of what you want and as order as little as 3 assorted chicks. Also, they get about 100 chicks every week for about 2 months so they will have a better survival rate. And I can pick out the healthy looking ones if I get there as soon as they arrive.
I think I'm going to get 2 Leghorns and 2 EE's. Maybe I'll have better luck with getting some colored eggs from Ideal. I'm kinda disappointed that 3 out of 4 of my Meyer EE's lay brown eggs. And none are friendly although very pretty and none are mean; just stand-offish.
I would love to find a local breeder to get true blue or olive eggers but I don't think we have many around my way.

Well I just went out to feed my girls in the big coop and found my favorite girl laying stiff on the floor
hit.gif
why does it ALWAYS have to be my favorite?!
hit.gif

I thought she was over her respiratory infection from the Pox.
hit.gif
Oh no. I'm so sorry. I know, it's always everyone's favorites. I'm so sad for you.

Very nice!  What are you getting in the spring?
I haven't gotten my catalog yet but I may order from my feed store anyway.  They get their chicks from Ideal I think and you can actually place an order of what you want and as order as little as 3 assorted chicks. Also, they get about 100 chicks every week for about 2 months so they will have a better survival rate. And I can pick out the healthy looking ones if I get there as soon as they arrive.
 I think I'm going to get 2 Leghorns and 2 EE's.  Maybe I'll have better luck with getting some colored eggs from Ideal. I'm kinda disappointed that 3 out of 4 of my Meyer EE's lay brown eggs. And none are friendly although very pretty and none are mean; just stand-offish.  
I would love to find a local breeder to get true blue or olive eggers but I don't think we have many around my way. 

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I know, it's always everyone's favorites.  I'm so sad for you.

My EEs are standoffish as well but they are my fiance's fave lol. Wanting some Marans, Ameracaunas, Olive Eggers and some more golden buffs and barred rocks for egg production. I love my barred rocks. :)

Back
Top Bottom