Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Well I just went out to feed my girls in the big coop and found my favorite girl laying stiff on the floor
hit.gif
why does it ALWAYS have to be my favorite?!
hit.gif

I thought she was over her respiratory infection from the Pox.
hit.gif
oh no! It does always seem to be the favorite!

My EEs are standoffish as well but they are my fiance's fave lol. Wanting some Marans, Ameracaunas, Olive Eggers and some more golden buffs and barred rocks for egg production. I love my barred rocks.
smile.png

Our EE is my daughter's favorite. She got a little standoffish after the attack, I think she's afraid we're going to inspect her, bathe her, put ointment on her, etc. lol
I don't know where the lady we got our EE from got hers from but my friend and I both got them from her and they both lays blue/green eggs. I emailed her to ask.

Anyone else already pre-order there chicks for next spring?
i got my catalog yesterday and when leafing though it - making my wish list for spring chicks haha ---i found MY gorgeous DUCKS! yay!!
wee.gif
i love Meyer Hatchery and feel very honored they chose them to represent the WHITE PEKIN. it was an awesome surprise .

i have 12 BR hens now and i need 7 more layers - i have a high demand for eggs - but w my ducks and geese - 7 is all i can get . with out building a new coop. .... im going to get some different types this go round i think ... brown layers tho for sure . :)

Last edited:
i got my catalog yesterday and when leafing though it - making my wish list for spring chicks haha ---i found MY gorgeous DUCKS! yay!!:weee i love Meyer Hatchery and feel very honored they chose them to represent the WHITE PEKIN. it was an awesome surprise . [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] [COLOR=333333] [/COLOR] i have 12 BR hens now and i need 7 more layers - i have a high demand for eggs - but w my ducks and geese - 7 is all i can get . with out building a new coop. .... im going to get some different types this go round i think ... brown layers tho for sure . :)
Congratulations! That's awesome!

I love your videos and pics, thanks for sharing. Cute hens! I like your setup, that is great that your feeder holds so much. It looks like the waterer holds a lot too. When I saw your hens poking their heads through the wire I got nervous, but then I read how you have a fenced in back yard, dogs and a security light, so I was relieved.

My first eggit was dirty found under perch next to duck egg
It looks like a glass egg in the picture. Congrats!

Lucy (left) and Lizzie (right). I'm really sad that I couldn't keep these two...
sad.png
They like their new home though.

Alice - (White Leghorn)

and Sunni - (Buff Orpington)
Anyone else already pre-order there chicks for next spring?
sad.png
Oooh, I wish I could!!! What are you ordering?

I absolutely LOVE Meyer Hatchery! The best quality of bird I've ever had!! Great customer service too.

These were hatched Aug 19 and some are already squatting! Can't wait to place my Spring order!
Cute Chickens! That's great that you're ordering more for Spring too. My last batch were hatched the end of April, so maybe mine will start squatting soon too, hope so!

Well I just went out to feed my girls in the big coop and found my favorite girl laying stiff on the floor
hit.gif
hit.gif

I thought she was over her respiratory infection from the Pox.
hit.gif
I am so sorry. It is really hard to lose them, especially the favorites.
sad.png

My EEs are standoffish as well but they are my fiance's fave lol. Wanting some Marans, Ameracaunas, Olive Eggers and some more golden buffs and barred rocks for egg production. I love my barred rocks.
smile.png
I enjoy my EE's too. The layers usually squat for me, but none get too close otherwise. Are you ordering in the Spring too?

i got my catalog yesterday and when leafing though it - making my wish list for spring chicks haha ---i found MY gorgeous DUCKS! yay!!
wee.gif
i love Meyer Hatchery and feel very honored they chose them to represent the WHITE PEKIN. it was an awesome surprise .

i have 12 BR hens now and i need 7 more layers - i have a high demand for eggs - but w my ducks and geese - 7 is all i can get . with out building a new coop. .... im going to get some different types this go round i think ... brown layers tho for sure . :)
Congrats, that is so neat that your ducks are in the catalog! I still have not gotten mine yet though. When will you order your new layers?

This thread was active the past couple days, I was behind 25 posts when I checked today!

Happy Chickening Everyone!

Last edited:
I ordered

1 silver laced polish
1 gold laced polish
2 frizzle cochins
2 blue silkies
2 speckled sussex
1 silver laced cochin
1 salmon faverolle
2 EE
1 BLRW
1 Blue Cochin
1 Barnevelder

subject to change cuz I will probably add or change my mind on a few of them.

Got my order in, too, although the Dorkings aren't yet available. My order thus far, though, is 2 black copper Marans and 1 Welsummer.

By the way, we called in to Meyer to ask about the Cream Legbars. I guess their flock is young so they don't know how well they're going to lay yet, which is why they haven't put them up on the site yet? Anyway, the price that they gave us was $49 per chick for the Legbars. I'm not sure I'm up to that price, as much as I'd like Legbars in my flock. Guess I'll stick to my Marans, Welly, and Dorking. :)

I love your videos and pics, thanks for sharing. Cute hens! I like your setup, that is great that your feeder holds so much. It looks like the waterer holds a lot too. When I saw your hens poking their heads through the wire I got nervous, but then I read how you have a fenced in back yard, dogs and a security light, so I was relieved.

It looks like a glass egg in the picture. Congrats!

sad.png
Oooh, I wish I could!!! What are you ordering?

Cute Chickens! That's great that you're ordering more for Spring too. My last batch were hatched the end of April, so maybe mine will start squatting soon too, hope so!

I am so sorry. It is really hard to lose them, especially the favorites.
sad.png

I enjoy my EE's too. The layers usually squat for me, but none get too close otherwise. Are you ordering in the Spring too?

Congrats, that is so neat that your ducks are in the catalog! I still have not gotten mine yet though. When will you order your new layers?
Thanks! they are online too! ... i ordered them today ! pretty excited im not getting them shipped till April - but as ive found earlier the order the better huh ? haha and more time to add more? hahahaha
lau.gif

copy and pasted pics not mine

2-Buff Brahma 1- Barneveleder 1- GLW 3- Salmon Favervolle and a meal maker - all female .

hit.gif
hit.gif
I feel your pain....youngest son went out around noon to check on his chickens and found his favorite little Silkie pullet dead. He thinks one of the bigger/older hens that caused her demise.

@LynnEBC Thanks! I like when they get up in the camera too. I have so many pictures of my chickens making goofy faces right in front of the camera. :lau

Sunni does have a very "I'm spoiled" look to her. That's probably because she really is incredibly spoiled. ;)

@pipdzipdnreadytogo $49 is so expensive!! I got 10 chicks for about that price. I can't imagine paying that much for just one. Legbars sure are beautiful though.

@BarredRockGirls That's a nice variety! Buff Brahams are definitely on my wish list. I won't be able to get them for a few years though.

Back
Top Bottom