Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I just wanted to share....I made the substitute flock block. I really just love that stuff. I made it into small enough blocks that fit into a suet holder. What a hit!! The blocks are perfect even if they are not quite solid because the holder keeps them together. The girls are crazy for it. It keeps them busy longer because they really have to work to get it out of the holder.

I just wanted to share....I made the substitute flock block. I really just love that stuff. I made it into small enough blocks that fit into a suet holder. What a hit!! The blocks are perfect even if they are not quite solid because the holder keeps them together. The girls are crazy for it. It keeps them busy longer because they really have to work to get it out of the holder.

What they made out of

Hard to believe our girls are over a month old, here are a few glamour shots from this week:

EE Clara with her green legs and newly black head

Amelia our sex-link getting her head feathers in

Our Buckeye we suspect of being a boy, tiny tail and roo like behavior.
Here he is getting ready to pounce at Amelia up in the brooder window
She totally did the same when she was out.

Here they are being nice, these three seem to be at the top of
the "pecking order" which here consists of rushing, jumping and
flapping at each other and seeing who can stand taller longer

Dark and Light- my Black Copper Marans Morgaine and Baby Buff our Buff Orp

Long bodied not so little Dorking, Victoria, my husband's chick

You can find many more here: https://www.backyardchickens.com/g/u/258296/autumnhearth/photosets/1/

Did anyone see this headline?

"Mail-order chicks from a single Ohio hatchery have infected 63 people with Salmonella, putting a third of them into the hospital, federal health officials said Friday."

I got scared when I saw Ohio. It is about Mt. Healthy Hatchery, not Meyer, fortunately. Still kind of scary. I feel bad for the people who got those chicks to be able to control their food source and ended up with salmonella poisoning. How awful!
sad.png

Did anyone see this headline?

"Mail-order chicks from a single Ohio hatchery have infected 63 people with Salmonella, putting a third of them into the hospital, federal health officials said Friday."

I got scared when I saw Ohio. It is about Mt. Healthy Hatchery, not Meyer, fortunately. Still kind of scary. I feel bad for the people who got those chicks to be able to control their food source and ended up with salmonella poisoning. How awful!  :(
Is this current news? I know Mt Healthy had issues before for Salmonella.

Back
Top Bottom