Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

1st pic of the trip! Half way there & at a rest stop in the other side of Cincinnati, before you get to Cleveland. Next stop Meyer's!!

Yay! I'd love to see pics from Meyers. So cool to see kids with chicks.

Just got off the phone with Meyer!!! And yes, they are amazing! AND such enablers... she was really trying to get me to order more LOL
And when I asked her how many she had she said... I don't think we want to go there... oh man, I never thought of that. Working there you could get every cool breed and really get Splash if you want splash or Blue Americana and not end up with black etc. Awesome :)

August 5th
1 BO
3 Golden Buff
1 Exchequer Leghorn
1 Speckled Sussex

Isn't someone else getting chicks that week???

Congratulations everyone!!!! I am sticking with 4 until I am convinced I can take care of them properly... maybe in a couple of years when my sweeties stop laying... hearing that Meyer has overhatches... is stuck in my brain though....

Annd...I've got chick fever again..
roll.png

I'm just all the way in Texas and my post office is terrible so I worry about shipping again.
I ordered 15 in January, they got stuck on the road an extra day. I called the post office..geez..probably 3 times a day and 4 times the morning they were supposed to arrive. I was going to pick them up.
They we're left on my door step at 11am! no knock, no call. Thank goodness Hubby was home.
I lost all but 6.

Meyer's was great about it though. Not their fault. And I only had 1 roo out of the 6 lol

Annd...I've got chick fever again.. :rolleyes:
I'm just all the way in Texas and my post office is terrible so I worry about shipping again.
I ordered 15 in January, they got stuck on the road an extra day. I called the post office..geez..probably 3 times a day and 4 times the morning they were supposed to arrive. I was going to pick them up.
They we're left on my door step at 11am! no knock, no call. Thank goodness Hubby was home.
I lost all but 6.

Meyer's was great about it though. Not their fault. And I only had 1 roo out of the 6 lol

It is harder on the chicks traveling in the colder months, plus add in post office trouble on top of that. Guess those chick's of yours didn't have a chance, poor things. I hope that your PO does better next time.

Back
Top Bottom