Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

@COChix, we have perennials all over the yard but here is a shot of my favorite perennial garden. Of course the petunias are annuals, but, everything else is perennial. It's great for cut flowers, the flox stay looking fresh along time!

@COChix , we have perennials all over the yard but here is a shot of my favorite perennial garden. Of course the petunias are annuals, but, everything else is perennial. It's great for cut flowers, the flox stay looking fresh along time!

How beautiful! I'm guessing the flock goes no where near this? They would turn it into Armageddon in no time!

MB

I have to give credit to my wife. She does photography and does a great job! this photo is just how she took it and not touched up at all.

Beautiful pic and bird! I am no expert either...but he is one nice looking guy. Nice to see some quality in a Meyer bird. I love my Meyer flock, but they focus on giving us all eggs, not so much breed standards.

MB

I have to give credit to my wife. She does photography and does a great job! this photo is just how she took it and not touched up at all.

Beautiful pic and bird!  I am no expert either...but he is one nice looking guy.  Nice to see some quality in a Meyer bird.  I love my Meyer flock, but they focus on giving us all eggs, not so much breed standards. 

MB

Eggs are good! To me, aside from the eggs, which I am getting more of each day, I love my chickens because tending to them and watching them brings me peace. There is something very serene about my simple routine that helps me relax and forget about the stresses of work, the horrible stories on the news and the crazy hustle and bustle of the world we live in. So, yeah, breed standards are not a priority of mine. If someone is going to look down on me because I have hatchery birds, so be it.

Last edited:
[@=/u/291376/COChix]@COChix[/@], we have perennials all over the yard but here is a shot of my favorite perennial garden. Of course the petunias are annuals, but, everything else is perennial. It's great for cut flowers, the flox stay looking fresh along time!
How beautiful! I'm guessing the flock goes no where near this? They would turn it into Armageddon in no time! MB
Lol! You're right. The dogs do enough damage. My flock has about 600 square feet of fully enclosed run, they can't have my gardens, too!

How beautiful!  I'm guessing the flock goes no where near this?  They would turn it into Armageddon in no time!

MB 
lol

@mama - beautiful
Anybody on here have bee's? We just bartered to have hives on property if course we will get some honey out of the deal. They are helping pollinate all of our gardens. I took a couple shots today of them and of our tomato beds.

The gang discovered the dirt, sand bath area that I have been working on developing. They were cute, clucking and stretching out I the sun.

Eggs are good! To me, aside from the eggs, which I am getting more of each day, I love my chickens because tending to them and watching them brings me peace. There is something very serene about my simple routine that helps me relax and forget about the stresses of work, the horrible stories on the news and the crazy hustle and bustle of the world we live in. So, yeah, breed standards are not a priority of mine. If someone is going to look down on me because I have hatchery birds, so be it.

I get a lot of stress relief from my little flock as well. Watching them and caring for them is so simple and different from daily stresses. It really does put you in a good place. The only time it stresses me out is when deciding which new chicks to get and then realize I must expand the coop! Oh yeah, and waiting two more weeks for chicks to come!!

I get a lot of stress relief from my little flock as well. Watching them and caring for them is so simple and different from daily stresses. It really does put you in a good place. The only time it stresses me out is when deciding which new chicks to get and then realize I must expand the coop! Oh yeah, and waiting two more weeks for chicks to come!!
X2!

Ok, so there is some stress involved. Lol. Forgot about that. Next spring, I will be experiencing some of that, for now, I'm enjoying what I have and look forward to seeing what everyone else gets!

I cannot wait for eggs and then baby chicks, it has brought me a lot of joy, peace and grounding. I could careless about breed standards, I want a happy and healthy flock. Thus we will be paid to ultimately benefit from the intention put in.

haven't had to decide in new chicks at this point, but it is sure fun to see all the pics.

I agree as well, keep thepic's coming of hatchery chicks, Honey who is an EE is huge hit on the EE thread. There is something to be said for the mutt's of this world!

Back
Top Bottom