Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

I love that last pic. You can tell your EE is an attack chicken looking for treats!

Thanks, she is a stinker, guess she feels she can do whatever she wants since she he survived shipping and almost dying and such. She will always have a special spot in my heart after hand feeding her and seeing her make a comeback.

Last edited:
I have to say I've been happy with them, but I cannot compare their quality to anyone else. I like that they deliver within a specific window. Some others seem to deliver whenever of change the date a lot. I also like that I will not get extra roos. What would I do with them??? I also like that their website has pictures of their birds and not drawings. With all of that said, I believe their aiming for quality maybe moreso than others, but I have never ordered from anyone else.

What breeds are you looking at? Maybe we can offer breed specific reviews of Meyers birds and you can see how you feel about them.
Right now I am thinking about Cream Legbars and Barnevelders. Probably another one or two less rare breeds but those two specifically.

I know. Yes that would definitely be awesome .

Okay, here is a question for anyone that can answer. If you order LF chicks and Bantams how do they come? all mixed together in the box?
Don't know about Meyer specifically but I recently ordered 8 Sebright Bantams from another hatchery and they included 7 Red Broiler roos for body heat. So, yes, Bantam chicks and LF chicks can be shipped together.

Don't know about Meyer specifically but I recently ordered 8 Sebright Bantams from another hatchery and they included 7 Red Broiler roos for body heat. So, yes, Bantam chicks and LF chicks can be shipped together.
I've heard about those packing peanuts....

It's to bad that they don't have Sebrights, they are truly beautiful birds.

I've heard about those packing peanuts....

It's to bad that they don't have Sebrights, they are truly beautiful birds.
I love my Sebrights. They are fully grown now and ready to go outside but I am hesitant to move them because of the weather. I know they are actually hardier than you might think but even full grown they are just barely the size of a small dove and so delicate looking. Problem also is that I ended up with two extra Golden males that I am going to have to find a home for. If it is not one thing it is another...
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom