Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

So EGGCITED! We got our first egg! Not from our Meyers girls but I had to share! Aurora (tufted auracana dad barred rock mom) was in and out of nest all day so I had a feeling! It's a gorgeous green egg (although pic doesn't show color well)

:weee
:celebrate
So pretty, congrats!

Last edited:
So EGGCITED! We got our first egg! Not from our Meyers girls but I had to share! Aurora (tufted auracana dad barred rock mom) was in and out of nest all day so I had a feeling! It's a gorgeous green egg (although pic doesn't show color well)
Congrats! Looks a nice size too!

Got my feeders done today, the 15 gallon should hold about 75# of feed and the 5 gallon should hold about 25#. Finishing out some pellets and then will fill these with crumble and put in the run. Should be good for hoping 3-4 weeks, we will see. I have covers for the pvc pipes that I'll go over to eliminate any rodents feeding for free. I will get crumble tomorrow and put these out In the run tomorrow. Surgery is Tuesday, today was the first day it has been cold, woke up to about 6-7 inches and didn't get above 20 or so suppose to be cold tonight it is 15 now. So far no issues with horizontal nipples freezing and I have the heaters in them now. Mine our all out in enclosed and covered run but open to the elements. We will see how things hold overnight. Hope everyone back east is holding on alright.

I've never seen that design. Looks good! Good luck tomorrow with your surgery. I hope all the chicken arrangements work out for you. I am sure that will ease your mind while in recovery.
hugs.gif

I'll have to try that feeder. So far I only have two watering buckets made for when the chickens are finally in the coop. I still need to make the baby feeder and waterer.

I did a similar stupid thing of signing a lease while knowing I couldn't have a pet there. It was a dog. Sure enough 4 Months later I locked myself out and my dog barked at the maintenance guy as he unlocked the door. He stayed at my parents for the next 8 months. I'd never get farm animals without having a place I know I could keep them at though.

I'll have to try that feeder. So far I only have two watering buckets made for when the chickens are finally in the coop. I still need to make the baby feeder and waterer.

I did a similar stupid thing of signing a lease while knowing I couldn't have a pet there. It was a dog. Sure enough 4 Months later I locked myself out and my dog barked at the maintenance guy as he unlocked the door. He stayed at my parents for the next 8 months. I'd never get farm animals without having a place I know I could keep them

She had 7acres when she bought most of them. When she moved back to CO she brought them with her because she thought she could find a house to rent. Looking on Craigslist when she was still out of state it looked like there was a lot. She found out most of them were spam once she was here. I didn't mind keeping them for awhile while she looked but now that she is in an apt for t least 7 months, I don't want them here that long.

Got my feeders done today, the 15 gallon should hold about 75# of feed and the 5 gallon should hold about 25#. Finishing out some pellets and then will fill these with crumble and put in the run. Should be good for hoping 3-4 weeks, we will see. I have covers for the pvc pipes that I'll go over to eliminate any rodents feeding for free. I will get crumble tomorrow and put these out In the run tomorrow. Surgery is Tuesday, today was the first day it has been cold, woke up to about 6-7 inches and didn't get above 20 or so suppose to be cold tonight it is 15 now. So far no issues with horizontal nipples freezing and I have the heaters in them now. Mine our all out in enclosed and covered run but open to the elements. We will see how things hold overnight. Hope everyone back east is holding on alright.

I will keep you posted on food loss. I have lids for the pvc which should cutut down on feeding the mice!

I like that you can lock the mice out. Wish you could put the lids on a timer. I'd love it to close itself! So when I'm out of town. It would still lock them out,

Last edited:
Hello, I want to buy chickens from here and I have some questions.
#1 How good of a colour do thair EE's lay
#2 did any of you order blue laced red wyandottes or barneveldes. If so can I see some pictures.
That is all. Thank you in advance.

Hello, I want to buy chickens from here and I have some questions.
#1 How good of a colour do thair EE's lay 

My Meyers EEs are laying dark green. I have one not laying yet, praying for blue. The whites are brownleghorn (big double yolker was 86grams!), browns welsummer, one EE is spotted green.

Getting some frozen eggs, averaging subzero here.

Back
Top Bottom