Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

Aw yeah, I think it's different when they're yours too and.when you're older. Our dog was our childhood too but it's harder when it's your own. Sorry :(

But aw well as long as they're not flighty :p I think I might like them wanting attention haha

And no problem!! :D

I Just Ordered My Chics from Meyers for Delivery October 14-16. I'll Post Pics when they Arrive! All girls Hopefully. I have some eggs in the incubator set to hatch at the same time that are a mix of heavy layers I ordered from Murray McMurray hatchery. They will all join my 3 RIR girls.

I cant wait to see my girls in a few weeks!!!!
1-Speckled Sussex
2- Silver Laced Wyandotte
1- Black Australorp
2- Easter Egger
2- Barred Rock

I Just Ordered My Chics from Meyers for Delivery October 14-16.  I'll Post Pics when they Arrive! All girls Hopefully.  I have some eggs in the incubator set to hatch at the same time that are a mix of heavy layers I ordered from Murray McMurray hatchery. They will all join my 3 RIR girls.

1-Speckled Sussex
1- Black Australorp
2- Easter Egger
2- Barred Rock

Ahhh they sound awesome!! Ours will be a similar age too then, yours will be just under 2 weeks older I think. Mine should arrive October 27-29 (October 26th hatch date). :D are Wyandottes and SS available again? When I ordered mine (September 18th) they weren't and still weren't when I keep checking back haha

I'm getting similar breeds to you but not all the same.

I'm getting

2 Barred Rock
2 Black Australorp
2 Buff Orpington
2 Easter Egger
And then 1 of the Meyer Meal Maker (the free chick, idk the breed)

Also all female, hopefully.

I wanted a Wyandotte or two (I love BLRW, SLW, and GLW but Columbian is cool too and I hear there's even more colors, just not at hatcheries, same for Orps and Australorps. One day I'll own every color xD) and a Speckled Sussex but again they weren't available. :( Next year maybe.

I Just Ordered My Chics from Meyers for Delivery October 14-16.  I'll Post Pics when they Arrive! All girls Hopefully.  I have some eggs in the incubator set to hatch at the same time that are a mix of heavy layers I ordered from Murray McMurray hatchery. They will all join my 3 RIR girls.

1-Speckled Sussex
1- Black Australorp
2- Easter Egger
2- Barred Rock

That will be a pretty group. I think the speckled and laced look nice together and the silver lace looks striking against black.

To KD I love our Buff Orp and Easter Egger. I was planning on getting an Australorp next spring, but we won't be getting any more chickens for a long time :(

I am really relieved that Snow, my son's White Rock started laying again last week and has done so everyday since. I was worried because she took a month off after her first six eggs and I thought it might be a reproductive health problem. Pema the Light Brahma has been laying strong for weeks. They both lay small light brown eggs but Snow's are smoother and more pointed, they are almost glossy, you can see what looks like "pores" and are thinner shelled. Pema's are rounder, more chalky and thicker, she definitely eats more calcium. Cornelia the Welsummer hasn't laid yet. And Victoria the Dorking is the only one of our hens who is molting.

They definitely seem like great birds. :) I love that the EEs are so varied in color too so I should hopefully be able to tell them apart. I don't know how I'm going to tell the others apart lol

I hope you can get more chickens eventually! But I'm glad Snow started laying again. :) has the EE laid yet? Curious what color eggs she will have. I can't wait to see what color mine will have

They definitely seem like great birds.
smile.png
I love that the EEs are so varied in color too so I should hopefully be able to tell them apart. I don't know how I'm going to tell the others apart lol

I hope you can get more chickens eventually! But I'm glad Snow started laying again.
smile.png
has the EE laid yet? Curious what color eggs she will have. I can't wait to see what color mine will have
Yes. Clara, my EE is part of the first group we got as chicks in April of 2014. We just got 3 this March.

She lays a bluish green egg that varies a bit:

Clara and one of her eggs her first week of laying. She's a clean faced Easter Egger and was our first pullet to lay at 20 weeks.

Easter Egger and Golden Buff eggs

Clara in March, in front of Victoria our Dorking

Easter Egger, Buff Orpington and Marans eggs

Dorking, Easter Egger, Buff Orpington eggs

Sometimes there is more concentrated blue on one end

Yes. Clara, my EE is part of the first group we got as chicks in April of 2014. We just got 3 this March. She lays a bluish green egg that varies a bit: Clara and one of her eggs her first week of laying. She's a clean faced Easter Egger and was our first pullet to lay at 20 weeks. Easter Egger and Golden Buff eggs Clara in March, in front of Victoria our Dorking Easter Egger, Buff Orpington and Marans eggs Dorking, Easter Egger, Buff Orpington eggs Sometimes there is more concentrated blue on one end
Wow gorgeous eggs and birds! Thank you so much for all the pictures!! Although I must admit you're making me even more anxious to both get my birds and for them to start laying xD Although, what's the likelihood they'll look the same? Because even though they're technically mutts I feel like I've seen a lot that look like yours, the buff/gold with the collar or silver with the collar so I'm worried they'll end up looking the same lol

Wow gorgeous eggs and birds! Thank you so much for all the pictures!! Although I must admit you're making me even more anxious to both get my birds and for them to start laying xD

Although, what's the likelihood they'll look the same? Because even though they're technically mutts I feel like I've seen a lot that look like yours, the buff/gold with the collar or silver with the collar so I'm worried they'll end up looking the same lol
I have seen quite a few that look like her with the black head some clean faced and some bearded (from other hatcheries too), but more common are the gold and brown and the orange with black. I know several folks on here that have between 3-6 EEs and they can tell them apart easily. A few have even gotten an all white EE. This is a fun site: http://www.plumjam.com/poultry/breeds/ee-colors3.cfm and there are several EEs threads here on BYC :)

I have seen quite a few that look like her with the black head some clean faced and some bearded (from other hatcheries too), but more common are the gold and brown and the orange with black.  I know several folks on here that have between 3-6 EEs and they can tell them apart easily.  A few have even gotten an all white EE.  This is a fun site: http://www.plumjam.com/poultry/breeds/ee-colors3.cfm  and there are several EEs threads here on BYC  :)

Thanks, I'll have to check those out. :) I love all the colors but wanna be able to tell them apart haha I'm sure I will though and it'll probably be a lot harder with the breeds that look the same

I wanna try to go through the whole entire thread eventually but I haven't yet so I'm curious if anyone has those breeds? I think I may have asked before but I forget lol
Try this, it'll be quicker: On the right hand side of the screen is an area amongst the ads that says "Recent photos in this thread". Click on "view all", and it will take you to the gallery view. Then you can scroll through all the photos until you find ones of the breeds you are interested in. And you can find out who posted the image. Click on the image, and in the lower left, it will give you the option to "view all photos from this user in this thread". Then you will be able to see if that person posted both baby and adult photos of that breed. And if you want to read the text that goes with any given photo, there is also a link that takes you to the actual post.
smile.png
Way way way WAY quicker than scrolling through page after page of dialogue.

@Autumnhearth, it's great to see that all of your pullets are laying. Odd that one laid six and then quit for a month. I'm glad it didn't turn out to be a permanent issue.

Of my oldest group this year, all but Blossom are laying. I haven't been on here, so I haven't mentioned that my naughty dachshund almost killed Blossom.
sad.png
Well, at the time it happened, I didn't see how Blossom could possibly survive. But survive she did, and quite well, so maybe I overreact when I see a chicken injury. But I'm not sure if she will ever lay eggs in her life. She lost a lot of skin from her abdomen. I did start getting a new brown egg last week, but the Black Langshans are next up, so it might be one of theirs.

My youngest group of chicks is 18 weeks old now. I've heard that the later born ones will sometimes hold off until spring if they come of age when the days are getting shorter. So I guess I'll try not to get my hopes up for any eggs from them. Then I can be pleasantly surprised whenever they do start laying. K Dogg, I think you are in a great position, because I've read that fall hatched chicks will mature at just the right time, when the days are getting longer, so you will get the most eggs possible out of them before the days get short again next fall.

Oh, and I have three EEs from Meyer. Two are mostly gold and look alike, but the other is very different. I got to pick out my EE chicks, and I took ones that looked different than all the rest. Most likely when they ship yours, they will all look the same, but you never know.

Here are the two gold ones, Triscuit and Weetabix:

And here is Biscuit, my clean faced EE:

Oddly enough, while Biscuit is mostly a cream/beige color, she has gold on her neck, and she's been getting a lot of pale chocolate color in on her wings and rump. I have no idea what kind of chicken genetics can cause her colors.

Back
Top Bottom