Meyer Hatchery Chicken pics anyone??

besides, you were trying to do a good thing. Next time though I'd maybe look for a breeder or hatchery or something but you're getting them now so that's good and it's their fault for lying and selling sick birds. it's hard to know too cause they can seem great but not be

I have a Black Australorp and a Buff Orpington in my small flock. They are both so friendly and quiet. Too young to be laying yet, but around Thanksgiving we should have something else to be thankful for. Love Meyer's chicks.

I was about to ask if your BO lays well when I realized you already said they haven't laid yet lol apparently I'm a tad forgetful xD. that's great they're friendly and quiet though. :) don't want too loud birds lol

The chicks hatch in two weeks!!

Can't believe it's already only two weeks away. :D

I gotta start preparing though, I kinda forgot about that part and have just been like waiting on the chicka to arrive lol

I was holding off posting this hoping Meyers would make it right. My family and I have been anxiously awaiting our 17 chics from Meyers. I tracked them all the way here and even called he post office to make sure I could get them as soon as they got in. They were delivered last Thursday to the post office. 16 DOA and the last one died within 3 hours. I know when ordering shipped birds some loss is inevitable. We were devastated to say the least. We called Meyers as soon as they opend to inform them of what happened. I belive it was the post office who mishandled them but still thought Meyers would make it right. They informed us they would replace the chicks next week. I wasn't even sure I could go through this again but decided it was probably just a fluke and I would try again. We lied to our kids trying to save them from the pain and informed them the chicks would be arriving a week late. Meyers informed us to call Today to make sure they had all the correct chicks for the order. When we called they were out of almost all of our chicks and would not be sending replacement. We could have a credit and keep checking the site if we wanted. This was a appalling response to me. They had chicks that were the breeds we ordered but wound up selling them all before they replaced ours. You would think they would replace the damaged birds before filling new orders. Hey did refund my money but honestly this in no way made me feel any better. I had to come home and tell my kids that we were not going to get our chicks that we had been waiting months for. My daughter has been taking pictures of the chicks to show and tell for weeks and is now devistated. I will never order from them again and wanted to share my experience with all. I understand that accidents happen but Meyers should have made this right.

I hope no one has to ever have this happen to them.

I was holding off posting this hoping Meyers would make it right. My family and I have been anxiously awaiting our 17 chics from Meyers. I tracked them all the way here and even called he post office to make sure I could get them as soon as they got in. They were delivered last Thursday to the post office. 16 DOA and the last one died within 3 hours. I know when ordering shipped birds some loss is inevitable. We were devastated to say the least. We called Meyers as soon as they opend to inform them of what happened. I belive it was the post office who mishandled them but still thought Meyers would make it right. They informed us they would replace the chicks next week. I wasn't even sure I could go through this again but decided it was probably just a fluke and I would try again. We lied to our kids trying to save them from the pain and informed them the chicks would be arriving a week late. Meyers informed us to call Today to make sure they had all the correct chicks for the order. When we called they were out of almost all of our chicks and would not be sending replacement. We could have a credit and keep checking the site if we wanted. This was a appalling response to me. They had chicks that were the breeds we ordered but wound up selling them all before they replaced ours. You would think they would replace the damaged birds before filling new orders. Hey did refund my money but honestly this in no way made me feel any better. I had to come home and tell my kids that we were not going to get our chicks that we had been waiting months for. My daughter has been taking pictures of the chicks to show and tell for weeks and is now devistated. I will never order from them again and wanted to share my experience with all. I understand that accidents happen but Meyers should have made this right.

I hope no one has to ever have this happen to them.

Same thing happened to me but with mcmurray hatchery and to 25 chicks all doa i did get my money back wont order from them. I ordered chicks from meyer this year all were alive but next year im getting me the cackle hatchery suprise box.

I think all hatcheries have bad stories though and I've heard minimal from Meyer, though it's upsetting. If you went by chicks dying or sick or anything you would never be able to order from ANY of the hatcheries because they all have stories and they all have successes. plus it's getting colder. Not saying what happened is acceptable but every hatchery has bad things happen and Meyer is one of the better ones imo

I know DOA chicks are expected but again it was the way Meyer's handled the situation. I know several people personally who have had great experiences with Meyers and some that had bad.Just the luck of the draw I guess. Just not a risk I will take again!

I ordered Hatching Eggs from McMurray and they were severely damaged during shipping. Again nothing to do with the hatchery. They shipped Fed ex and were boxed very well but still were mostly broken. McMurray handled the situation very well even going over with me the reasons why I should probably not try to hatch the non broken eggs under my hen because or risk of bacteria. I tried hatching 3 but they never developed. McMurray told me to call back after I tried hating the remaining eggs and they refunded my money. Although not the result I had hoped for the company tried to make it right anyway they could.

From now on I will only order from Greenfire Farm (located in Florida a few hours away) or from local breeders. I have learned my lesson.

Oh no I know, I realize that, but I'm saying everything, even with customer service and stuff, there's stories witg every hatchery. Although it is unfortunate they didn't handle it as well as McMurray. It's definitely really weird they told you to just wait. But at the same time hatcheries are unfortunately about making money. :/ some are better at hiding that though. I'm hoping mine come out okay. It's actually weird too because I've heard more stories about McMurray (Though still not a lot) yet it seems McMurray is better in this case.

Greenfire is near you? That's awesome.

But yeah, even if there was never a risk of DOA, hatchery birds are still not the greatest quality (though some hatcheries are better) so I think I'll go local too. It's actually easier anyway because we know the manager of our local feed store but I just really wanted chicks haha

Id rather risk a hatchery then getting someones diseased bird locally. Imo. Chicks from hatcheries come vacs local do not. Id rather not risk the rest of my birds. Once got a male pekin from a local and the bird was deformed all over prolly was inbred. I processed it and gave it to my dogs. So hatchery it is for me. :)

Back
Top Bottom