Meyer Hatchery Olive Egger pics?

doughouse

Chirping
Apr 14, 2020
Boston, MA
She looks like the Olive Eggers I just picked up last week! Got them at Farm Supply, so not sure who they get them from. Do you happen to know the two breeds used to create yours? I was told Marans most likely is one, but don’t know what breed the blue layer parent is.
So how's your little olive egger doing?

CalBickieMomma

Songster
Jul 27, 2019
San Luis Obispo County, CA
So how's your little olive egger doing?
She‘s doing great! I was able to contact the hatchery she came from and both her and her brother are Cuckoo Marans/Cream Legbar crosses. I’m so excited! My Zinnia has what looks like the beginnings of a mini feather crest and I’m hoping Eddie will get some more color when he’s older (right now he looks like a Barred Rock).

Attachments

CalBickieMomma

Songster
Jul 27, 2019
So cute. They're both good looking birds! Love the little crest. Zinnia looks a lot like our Carmen.

Did get a decent photo of her today. The brownish gold continues to come in on her neck and her crest filled in a bit more.
View attachment 2205608
Adorbs! Zinnia has a teeny bit of gold in her neck feathers, but just barely enough to see. She’ll be 6 weeks old on Thursday, so she’s still young and who knows what colors will pop out later.

doughouse

Chirping
Apr 14, 2020
Boston, MA
IMG_20200619_145525.jpg

Chickens are so tough to photograph, so I love those shots you got! Here's our olive egger at 5 and a half weeks: now I'm wondering if she's a Cuckoo Marans cross, too!

doughouse

Chirping
Apr 14, 2020
Boston, MA
She‘s doing great! I was able to contact the hatchery she came from and both her and her brother are Cuckoo Marans/Cream Legbar crosses. I’m so excited! My Zinnia has what looks like the beginnings of a mini feather crest and I’m hoping Eddie will get some more color when he’s older (right now he looks like a Barred Rock).
I won't lie: I'm kinda dying to see Zinnia and Eddie updates.

CalBickieMomma

Songster
Jul 27, 2019
I won't lie: I'm kinda dying to see Zinnia and Eddie updates.
Well here you go! Zinnia is a bit of a nervous Nellie who loves lap time with Mama Chicken, and Eddie started crowing at 8 weeks!

Attachments

WVBirdsAndBees

Chirping
Mar 30, 2020
Here's my olive egger at 14 weeks: the photo doesn't capture the feathers coming in on her legs, but you get a good look at her crest!
Love it. She looks so much like Carmen, except for our girl has some gold on her neck. For what it's worth, we just got our first egg from her today at about 22 weeks.

It's a tiny little egg but very happy with the color.
20200819_203638.jpg

Top Bottom