Meyer hatchery reviews???

Just got an email that my 25 babies were shipped today. Tomorrow or the next day. I ordered 6 Golden comets, 5 female each of White Ply Rocks and Delaware with 2 roosters each. And assorted heavies. Man oh man I've been waiting for 6 months for this. So excited.
celebrate.gif

You should have got a tracking number…..You can set up that the post office will email you each time the chicks are checked in and out of a facility. I watched my babies travels and it was like Christmas morning when they arrived to the sorting facility near me! Once I saw that they were at the closest sorting facility I called my post office and asked when the truck usually arrives to them. Needless to say…….I was at the post office just as they arrived
smile.png

You should have got a tracking number…..You can set up that the post office will email you each time the chicks are checked in and out of a facility. I watched my babies travels and it was like Christmas morning when they arrived to the sorting facility near me! Once I saw that they were at the closest sorting facility I called my post office and asked when the truck usually arrives to them. Needless to say…….I was at the post office just as they arrived
smile.png

Bahahahaha Didn't even get the chance. Shreveport (1 town over) called and said did I want to drive over and pick them up. They just shipped yesterday. All the way to La. Yea Post Office.!!!

I live in Washington State, I ordered 19 that were shipped this last Mon. and I received them Wed. when the post office called at 5am to say my babies were here! I paid extra for express, so not sure if that helped. I opened the box preparing myself to find some not alive, but they all were! It 's been 5 days and still all doing great.
I ordered:
3 Olive Eggers
2 EE
2 Australorp
2 Black Copper Maran
2 Barrd Rock
2 Welsummers
1 Blue Americauna
1 Blue Cochin
1 White Sultan
1 Buff Orpington
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte

I live in Washington State, I ordered 19 that were shipped this last Mon. and I received them Wed. when the post office called at 5am to say my babies were here! I paid extra for express, so not sure if that helped. I opened the box preparing myself to find some not alive, but they all were! It 's been 5 days and still all doing great.
I ordered:
3 Olive Eggers
2 EE
2 Australorp
2 Black Copper Maran
2 Barrd Rock
2 Welsummers
1 Blue Americauna
1 Blue Cochin
1 White Sultan
1 Buff Orpington
1 Silver Laced Wyandotte
1 Blue Laced Red Wyandotte
Wow! That is quite the assortment you got there! I am curious to see what the EE's look like from there. Can you post pics of them?

I wish I could have 1 of every single kind..haha. I will try to post pics on Tuesday on my next day off. They were hard to figure out which two are the EE's, but I can tell one EE for sure now because of the puffy cheeks, the other is between two that I have so I'll post both.

We are obsessed with our chickens and decided to double our flock this year (we have a wait list for eggs!). We discovered we're only about an hour south of Meyer and after perusing their website I placed our first order. That was 2/18/14 and pickup was 3/10. We got all pullets;
1 Welsummer
1 white cochin
1 black jersey giant
1 olive egger
1 buff lace polish
1 blue splash maran
1 silver lace cochin
1 silver spangled hamburg
1 golden lakenvelder
1 silver laced polish
1 German spitzhauben
1 silver laced wyandotte
1 speckled sussex
1 Sicilian buttercup
1 partridge cochin
2 black copper marans

We picked them up early on Monday morning & everyone was great. Tuesday evening, we lost one, for no reason that I could find. I spoke to a rep & sent her a picture of the chick, she thought it was the blue splash maran so she gave us a credit for it. About 3 days later, we lost another, which we believe was the silver spangles hamburg. I did not get a credit as it was outside the guarantee, but I feel that 2 losses out of 17 is not bad. As time has progressed and the chicks are now nearly a month old, we believe we still have a blue splash maran... So I have no idea what the original chick was that we lost & we'll find out soon enough.

We then had a hawk take 2 of our good laying hens, so I decided to use the credit for the BSM to get 2 more chicks. Since I have NO restraint with chickens, I placed 3 orders... one on 3/17, one on 3/27 and one on 3/31, all for pickup on 3/31. If you check their website right around 0830 on Monday mornings, the available now list will jump from like 4 to like 40.... It's like an eBay auction, LOL, keep refreshing & check out FAST because the go fast! Those 3 orders consisted of all pullets as well;
(3/17)
1 partridge pendesenca
1 blue splash maran
1 Meyer Meal Maker (this was included when I got the BSM credit because I didn't know you could get these - hello, free eggs for the food pantry at church!)
3/27)
2 easter eggers
2 white cochins
1 Meyer meal maker
(3/31)
1 Ancona
1 blue cochin
1 buff chantecler
1 silver laced cochin
1 silver spangled hamburg
2 easter eggers
1 Meyer meal maker

We've lost none of the chicks from those orders. Yet. Fingers crossed. However one of the EE's has a pretty bad cross back we just noticed today. DH will be calling about it tomorrow. He was also unable to restrain himself & purchased 6 chicks from TSC... one of those developed wry neck this morning, so we treated with vitamins and she's better after just one treatment. We are putting additional vitamins (Poly-vi-sol) in the water, so I'm hoping the cross beak is from a vitamin deficiency & it gets better as opposed to worse. We shall see.

So overall, if you take out the socially inept lady that works behind the counter, the 2 losses & 1 crossbeak, we are very happy with our (33!) purchases. Also every time I've done the live chat they've been pretty quick to help. :)

Received my order on March 26. Twenty (5 female of White Rock and Delaware and 2 ea of males.) and 6 Golden Comet. Both death are dels (one doa and one fail to thrive) The other five Dels are very puny and tiny. So disappointed. But, let me tell you, the Golden Comets and White Rocks are going like gang busters. I use fermented feed and it seems to give them a head start. Very happy with them.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom