Meyer hatchery to California

Great advice already, and you can also call the hatchery in case something went wrong on that end, verify they put your correct phone number on the box, there wasn't just an errant label somewhere with no chicks associated with it, etc. I agree you should have them 40-48 hours after hatching. sounds like they hatched 10/19 so first thing 10/21 morning, you should get a call from your local post office about a chirping box, which should have your name and phone number on the label. I haven't bought from Meyer, but live in rural AZ and have had several successful shipments from Hoovers in Iowa, which ships out of the Minneapolis distribution center last I tracked, so similar time frames probably.

Hello, Im wondering how long it took to get a small order of birds from meyer hatchery to california. They hatched yesterday and I have the tracking number but i they haven't been scanning it so im just wondering how long i should expect. Thanks!
Also, once you can track them, contact your local Usps sorting facility to see if you can pick them up from there. That saves the baby chicks one day of traveling time and can be a live saver. Just go ahead and contact them right away anyway with all your info. That way they can be on lookout for baby chicks. Our Usps sorting plant here in NWA is awesome worrying about the chicks

Last edited:
Also, once you can track them, contact your local Usps sorting facility to see if you can pick them up from there. That saves the baby chicks one day of traveling time and can be a live saver. Just go ahead and contact them right away anyway with all your info. That way they can be on lookout for baby chicks. Our Usps sorting plant here in NWA is awesome worrying about the chicks
I have the tracking number just sadly usps isn't scanning it so i have no way to know where it is. I went to my usps and asked them to tell me when they get there and gave them my number though. Usps wouldnt even look up my tracking number to check for me. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow

I have the tracking number just sadly usps isn't scanning it so i have no way to know where it is. I went to my usps and asked them to tell me when they get there and gave them my number though. Usps wouldnt even look up my tracking number to check for me. Maybe I'll try again tomorrow
Get your local post office number and talk to postmaster. And see if he can give you phone number for the local sorting facility and whatever else they can do. I live in rural Arkansas and our local po and closest sorting facility is awesome. Don’t know how it works in California. If it is a more rural area it shouldn’t be bad.

Back
Top Bottom