Meyer Hatchery vs. McMurray Hatchery

i ordered from mcmurray and i was impressed right away and when i picked up my order at the hatchery they were very friendly, iv'e thought about trying other hatcheries and comparing them, but now i decided to stick to murray mcmurray, i ordered 12 chicks and i picked them up 2 weeks ago and all of them are healthy and not 1 has died, so i am totally ordering from them in the future.

hugs.gif

i ordered from mcmurray and i was impressed right away and when i picked up my order at the hatchery they were very friendly, iv'e thought about trying other hatcheries and comparing them, but now i decided to stick to murray mcmurray, i ordered 12 chicks and i picked them up 2 weeks ago and all of them are healthy and not 1 has died, so i am totally ordering from them in the future.

:hugs
This is nice to know. I ordered from them and the three generations before me had McMurray birds before me.I hope that the shipping does not stress them too much.

Got my chicks from McMurray's today. All 27 were alive and chirping. Much different from last week with 27 cold dead babies. The difference was that I asked for and paid for a heat pack. They charged $2.50 for the pack. Wish McMurray would tell you that you can buy a heat pack to add to your order in cold weather. I just assumed they'd add the heat pack since it was so cold. I was wrong.

However, now I know. I am very happy with the chicks I got. They look great.

That's just awful. The hatchery should be responsible for packs based on weather- which often fluctuates a lot. I have shipped fish, plants, and shrimp between home hobbiests and most of us have enough common sense to include packs. Surely these large hatcheries should have this incorporated in their shipping.

I paid for expedited shipping. Hope my order arrives safely in a few weeks.

i was going to order bantams from murray mcmurray, but the soonest i could get them was may 2nd... i was going to show them at the fair, so i had to cancle it because they would not be old enough by july. but the service was great!

Got my chicks from McMurray's today.  All 27 were alive and chirping.  Much different from last week with 27 cold dead babies.  The difference was that I asked for and paid for a heat pack. They charged $2.50 for the pack.  Wish McMurray would tell you that you can buy a heat pack to add to your order in cold weather.  I just assumed they'd add the heat pack since it was so cold.  I was wrong. 

However, now I know.  I am very happy with the chicks I got.  They look great. 
I am glad that you mentioned the packs. I feel that they should put them in for prevention of loss Anyway. That is part of shipping. Anyway, after seeing your past a couple of days ago I called to add a heat pack.

Back
Top Bottom